Rude Rider's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'd be somewhat bemused if someone I didn't know waved at me, but I do live in London...
That reminds me of an example of "misleading advice for tourists"

In London, on entering a tube train, it is traditional to shake hands with and smile at all of the passengers already aboard.

spen666

Legendary Member
Yeah - bunch of splitters, and don't even get me started on those freaks using SRAM.
but the real problem are the rude riders who can easily be identified because they wear / don't wear helmets

Its always this that is the real issue, but no one will ever mention it

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I will only wave at other Campag riders but not if they have / are wearing:

Beard
Ponytail
High viz
riding a MTB or some stupid folding bike that looks like a happy shopper
Its raining
look too needy
Look under the age of 18

This list is not exhaustive and I will often simply just blank people for no reason :okay:

J1888

Über Member
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Rapha wearers yet...

Are they not just usually 'those who shall remain unnamed'?

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
On a country ride where you'd spot the occasional cyclist I'd usually be inclined.

If you did this in London you'd look as though you were at a Metallica gig.

Same with running.
The last Metallica gig I went to...everyone was sitting down...but then most their fans are in the 40's now so perhaps the head banging days are a distant memory

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I'm not intending to be rude by not joining in, it's just that I don't have a helmet with me when cycling and I once met a bloke down the pub whose brother went to school with the daughter of a woman whose boss knew a guy whose life was saved by wearing a helmet while dancing the fandango.

If only he'd had mudguards, he'd never have got into bother in the first place.

OP
OP
JPBoothy

JPBoothy

Veteran
Ouch! To be fair it was my first post and it can be difficult to search for a subject if you don't hit one of the key words such as - miserable, unfriendly, pompous, arrogant etc.. Never mind, I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway, but 'if it's okay with you' I will just continue being courteous and friendly because you never know when you may need that persons help :hello:
Personally I find it rude to join an internet discussion forum and then post on a subject without first using the search function to see if it has ever been discussed before.

Top Bottom