Rugby League World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Mrs B and I watched the England womens game played at Wigan the other day. Fierce tackling and I suspect some of the Canadians will be still be nursing sore body parts.

DRM

Guru
So, I've just been watching a wee bit of the wheelchair version. No idea what's going on, and my sound was off.

What's the craic with everyone being covered in ribbons? @DRM you seem to know your way around the sport?

Jowwy has nailed it, it’s like tag rugby for the kids, but blimey they weren’t holding back were they!

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
OK, so can they only be tagged a certain number of times per game? Gonna have to read all the rules I guess, it does look pretty fun.

DRM

Guru
I think, not 100% certain, that the tags are pulled off to indicate a tackle, the player reattaches them at the play the ball, I am also uncertain but it should be 6 tackles then you have to handover the ball to the opposition, so after the 5th tackle the ball will be punched forward, just as the able bodied players will kick the ball forward and chase it, the ref indicates the 5th tackle by holding their hand up with 5 fingers separated

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I think, not 100% certain, that the tags are pulled off to indicate a tackle, the player reattaches them at the play the ball, I am also uncertain but it should be 6 tackles then you have to handover the ball to the opposition, so after the 5th tackle the ball will be punched forward, just as the able bodied players will kick the ball forward and chase it, the ref indicates the 5th tackle by holding their hand up with 5 fingers separated

Gotcha, ta!

DRM

Guru
What a game, I really thought England would do it, but they were evenly matched, but the main thing is it’s a huge thing for Samoa to be playing the Mighty Kangaroos in the final, the Samoan team and people should be proud of this achievement

D

Deleted member 1258

Very entertaining game, just the wrong result, well played Samoa.

D

Deleted member 1258

Now I'm no expert at this game but we seem to be playing the ref as well as the New Zealanders in the semi tonight, or am I talking bollocks?

I've no idea, but don't you think one of the New Zealand players looks somewhat masculine?

Top Bottom