Rugby season!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
rugby is a great sport for the young lads , it prepares them for the real world .

i played whilst at school then again 15 years later and thoroughly enjoyed it , had to stop due to injuries :sad:

Diggs

Veteran
The Diglets were back to training on Sunday. Hope they adapt as more contact is phased in. I really miss playing but I know the knees (at least) aren't up to it and I enjoy being able to move on Sundays

Noodley

I was at Melrose v. Heriots a couple of weeks ago. This week sees the visit of Glasgow Hawks.

Last edited:

Ciar

Veteran
Tight head when I was younger, now happy to sit and watch London Irish or whoever is on, much nicer on the sidelines ;-) with a beer...

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
Every football thread gets some rugger bugger calling it wendy ball or coming up with some class snobbery carp about rubgy being a thug's game played by gentlemen. As someone who in his youth was fairly damned good at rugby but sh*te at soccer as I could run and accelerate with a ball in my arms very fast, but not kick a ball while I was running very well, can I just say that in comparison rubgy is a carp sport to watch rather than play.

Does anyone know of a London based touch rugby club where old gits (60) can play, btw?

Reactions: Maz

martint235

Dog on a bike
Oh dear Harlequins up for a thumping by London Irish again this year then. :whistle:

Makes a mental note that this season I really must make it to a Blackheath game (this is the 16th consecutive season I've told myself this and failed)

Ciar

Veteran
[QUOTE 2636465, member: 1314"]O'Driscoll still sulking.

"Do I resent him? Yeah, there's resentment of course," O'Driscoll told Sky Sports' Rugby Club. "Is he on the Christmas card list? Unlikely."

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/sep/05/brian-odriscoll-resents-warren-gatland[/quote]

That's pretty sad, lets be honest he wasn't the Bod of old for the whole tour we had the odd glimmer of his former self but that's it, Jonathan Davies played well throughout in my eyes, even though the team was made up of at least 7 welshmen the Lions still won the tour, to me that's the main thing.

Here we go with the football/rugby thread high jacking already :laugh:. Both are great sports. I prefer rugby league to union but still enjoy union (and not just to point out why I think league is better etc). We play five a side football at work against other departments although I only play occasionally being rubbish. I used to do kick boxing and thai boxing before I had kids and still watch fight sports. I also love endurance sports and both rugbys etc. I've been around a lot of sports where the difference between winning and loosing can be how much you are prepared to suffer (Jens Voigt quote i think). When I see the millionaires diving to win free kicks, penalties etc and there's a camera replay to show it in all it's glory then it ruins the game for me which is a shame because football is a good sport. I know bloodgate happened but that was a one off (and union :whistle:).

Top Bottom