Rumours and transfers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
Sagan is probably too expensive for them at the moment. Whether his agent will be able to get a Tinkoff level deal for him in the future is another matter. Like all quality riders, start at a reasonable price, increase in value, top out, and have to accept a bit less as time and economics have their effects.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Any specific reason why sky haven't went for Sagan? I know they are gc focused on grand tours, but he would be a good pr move for them in Europe

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
l'Equipe reporting that Team Bahrain not progressing as well as they had planned (good) and Nibali is looking for a new team for next season.

SWSteve

Guru
Dumoulin is leaving Giant, but we don't where he is going. Can't remember whether that has been said in here or not

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Seriously? Is this a transfer rumour or fact?! Quite a coup if so...

I don't know if this has been confirmed yet, but my understanding is that they're stepping up to WorldTour level next year and taking on another headline sponsor (instead of Argon18). I don't know if they promotion was because they signed Sagan, or if Sagan signed because of the promotion, but either way, they're clearly a team with ambitions.

The official line from the UCI is that there will be 17 WT teams next year, a net loss of three. I know Tinkoff and IAM are going, but presumably there must be two others dropping out if the Bora-Argon18 rumour is true. Anyone know which ones?

For 2018, the number of teams will drop to 16. There will be changes to the rules about running teams as well - including a cap on the number of days racing for individual riders, and on the number of riders in a squad - this is an extension of the cahier des charges to which some teams have already signed up (and to which Astana were obliged to sign up) to cover all World Tour teams.

Top Bottom