Runners vs. Cyclists...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
domtyler said:
Cyclists tend to be cyclists for diverse reasons whereas runners are only doing it for fitness and/or competition.

Once I retired from competition I ran for fitness and pleasure. I now cycle for fitness and pleasure. I don't see any difference in attitude/outcome at all.

Blue

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
Yes. You can't really use running as a mode of transport. That's the beauty of cycling.

Back in my running days I knew a lot of people who ran to work. Had my workplace had even half decent washing facilities I would have done the same. Are you seriously suggesting that you never see runners on commuter routes during rush hour!!

Blue

Legendary Member
Rigid Raider said:
I once joined my running-mad agent for a morning run around Cape Town. I found the run easy but I was so stiff for three days afterwards that I could hardly walk.

That's because you didn't build up to this 'one' run that you did - even cyclists get DOMS if they don't treat their bodies correctly.

Blue

Legendary Member
bof said:
. I got to hate running by the time I got to it, though obviously I did it, and have never really run since. It was a mixture of boredom and constant injury niggles. You dont get that on a bike.

Maybe you just did the wrong training in the wrong place.

I used to do 80% or more of my running training on forest trails and loved every moment - spotting wildlife etc. I cycle along coastal routes and have to endure driving winds and rain - not nice. Under the tree-tops I was sheltered to a very large extent and could enjoy my training no matter what the weather - ah, happy memories.

Top Bottom