Running

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
What a shame!

OP
OP
Chromatic

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Never been so happy. I hated his showboating in the semis……..and beaten by a Scot, even better! :smile:

He's from the same athletics club as the bloke that beat Ingerbrigtsen last year too, two successive world champions from the same club is quite an achievement.
I agree with you about the showboating.

OP
OP
Chromatic

Chromatic

Legendary Member
He is difficult to like.
He just didn’t seem to want it as much as Kerr in the last straight.
Both Kerr and Wightman managed to put him under pressure with 200m to go, and he couldn’t respond.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/athletics/66601028

Ingebrigtsen looks great when paced round the track for three laps by pacemakers but in an actual race situation he doesn't appear to have the required nous to win, this may partly be because he spends too much of his time being paced round tracks in order to look great and have his ego massaged.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Ingebrigtsen looks great when paced round the track for three laps by pacemakers but in an actual race situation he doesn't appear to have the required nous to win, this may partly be because he spends too much of his time being paced round tracks in order to look great and have his ego massaged.
Lol. What website did you cut and paste that analysis from?

Last edited:

bitsandbobs

Über Member
A shame that the only thread on the athletics is to have a pop at one of the great athletes of the current generation. I guess that's what happens when peeps only watch one race every couple of years or so.

vickster

Legendary Member
A shame that the only thread on the athletics is to have a pop at one of the great athletes of the current generation. I guess that's what happens when peeps only watch one race every couple of years or so.

Why haven't you previously posted a thread as a fan of the sport? The World Champs have been on a few days already no?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Let’s turn this into an athletics thread.
I thought Hudson Smith went off a bit too quick but gave himself every chance of winning.

I’ve also learned an interesting fact. I’ve known for some time that you can’t leave the throwing ring from the front of the circle at any time, or it is a foul throw.
But Steve Barkley has just said that you are not allowed to turn your back on the javelin until it has landed. Who knew that?

OP
OP
Chromatic

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I thought Hudson Smith went off a bit too quick but gave himself every chance of winning.

I’ve also learned an interesting fact. I’ve known for some time that you can’t leave the throwing ring from the front of the circle at any time, or it is a foul throw.
But Steve Barkley has just said that you are not allowed to turn your back on the javelin until it has landed. Who knew that?

I heard that too, and I never knew it either.

OP
OP
Chromatic

Chromatic

Legendary Member

If what was said is correct then that throw by the Indian just now should be a foul, he turned his back on it almost straight away after releasing it.

Top Bottom