How on Earth did Werro get let through to the 800m final? Trips herself up, face plants, trots in last and still gets a pass. No way a lesser name would have got away with that.
How on Earth did Werro get let through to the 800m final? Trips herself up, face plants, trots in last and still gets a pass. No way a lesser name would have got away with that.
I was pleased that they put Gabija Galvydyte through as well.
That would have been a travesty if they hadn't. It does mean it will be a bun fight with 10. KH needs to stretch it out from the front.
i watched all the replays shown in teh aftermath, admittedly not looking for a french lasses hand as I hadnt heard that excuse, but it looked for all the world that she kicked her own leg, possibly due to unbalancing herself by clipping the kerb.
it was also apparent in Werro's post race chat she didnt think she'd been clipped, she just opitmisticlaly mentioned hopefully getting thru on appeal. the was no - "i felt a clip on my 'insert body part' "
Isn’t it odd how athletics is no longer a big deal.
In the 90s I bet Roger Black was a household name, no one outside of athletics would know Hudson-Smith, yet he is a far more successful athlete.
Amy Hunt should be a superstar. Gold on 100 and 200.
And GB won a 1st 2nd in men’s 100m sprint, but no one cares.

Anyone else think Femke is going to upset things for Keely in the 800m?
I think Audrey and Femke could both beat Keely.
Then again, I think any of that trio could win on the day.
Not sure any of them has the legs to get the WR just yet, but I would love to be wrong on that.