Russian beauty scam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Get Nev Schulman on the case.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Here's what will happen: she will head off to the airport and she or a close relative will have a terrible accident and need cash, fast, for hospital treatment. Or she will lose her travel documents and need cash for replacements.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/emergencies/scams/dating.html

And:

https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14766

These scum prey on the lonely, vulerable, elderly and gullible. Older folk are generally more trusting as people in old days weren't as nasty and cunning.

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
That's from 2006, I bet she doesn't look as good now :smile:

I'm afraid I am a cynic when it comes to all this, something is fishy and I don't mean the contents of Baldrick's trousers......

Shaun
It might well be from 2006, but I would still say it's a rather successful scam if it's still going in 2015.

TVC

Wot Globalti said.

The old saying never fails. If it looks too good to be true.....

The difficult bit will be getting him to realise it is a scam without him looking like an idiot.

midlife

Guru
It might well be from 2006, but I would still say it's a rather successful scam if it's still going in 2015.

True :smile:.

Maybe someone on here could volunteer to offer to meet the said lady on 29th Dec to sus the situation out, sort of like a test drive to see if she matches the pictures :smile:

Shaun

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[QUOTE 4041216, member: 43827"]We can't seem to talk sense into him and are trying to avoid falling out with him over this by telling him he's probably getting personal with a burly Nigerian man.

He has history in this area as he was scammed out of £800 a couple of years ago in Istanbul for champagne he bought for a "lady" at a nightclub. He was taken by the bouncers to a cashpoint to get the money out before they let him go.

There's no fool like an old fool.[/QUOTE]
You can't help some people... I have given up trying with my own brother. He is an idiot, and will continue to make stupid mistakes no matter how much effort I put into it. So I've stopped doing so. :okay:

Top Bottom