Rusting BB Shell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Harril

Harril

Hi all, a quick update; after consulting a local frame builder, and uncovering yet more patches of corrosion, I've decided this project is beyond my abilities to rescue it. I just don't feel confident in using it as a fully loaded tourer, the reason I bought it in the first place. If anyone is interested in saving it from the scrapheap then please feel free to me drop a message.

Thanks again for all of your great advice and tips, it is much appreciated.

Gillstay

Über Member
I recently spoke with Geoff Roberts- A frame builder here in East Sussex- and after viewing the pictures his verdict was that my frame wouldn't survive the sandblasting treatment.

Cripes what do they blast em with, pebbles off Brighton beach. :laugh:

Gillstay

Über Member
Hi all, a quick update; after consulting a local frame builder, and uncovering yet more patches of corrosion, I've decided this project is beyond my abilities to rescue it. I just don't feel confident in using it as a fully loaded tourer, the reason I bought it in the first place. If anyone is interested in saving it from the scrapheap then please feel free to me drop a message.

Thanks again for all of your great advice and tips, it is much appreciated.

So would you like another Galaxy as I have a chum who just replaced his for a Ridgeback and will be selling it soon ? He looks after his bikes as well.

OP
OP
Harril

Harril

So would you like another Galaxy as I have a chum who just replaced his for a Ridgeback and will be selling it soon ? He looks after his bikes as well.

I have also just purchased a Ridgeback, and I've just started a Raleigh Royal winter project. I'm always interested in a Dawes Galaxy, so quite possibly, yes.

Top Bottom