Rutlands fight to remain McDonald's free..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Wasn't their licence withdrawn by the council through ongoing violence, litter and noise concerns, rather than a lack of fat people needing a lard fix?

Don't think so. Now you're just bringing Dover down. Now I just feel like going off out for a burger and a fight.

Globalti

Legendary Member
With the increasing interest in veganism I wonder if burger shops will go the same way as so many other high street stores?

robgul

Legendary Member
Last time I went in a McDonalds was 2014. The time before that was sometime in the 1960s. I'm in no rush to pay another visit.

....in the 1960s that must have been in the US . . . "McDonald's opened its first restaurant in the UK on November 13, 1974. It was in Powis Street, Woolwich " - & IIRC the second was in Holloway or Hornsey in London?

Can't remember my last visit that involved eating . . . . but now the coffee (only) isn't bad and at least tastes of coffee unlike, say, Starbucks - and is a LOT cheaper.

Rob

Mike_P

Guru
I understand that possibly the one good thing about McDonalds is if you come across one on a country where food poisoning is problematic, the McDonalds is about the one place where you can safely get something vaguely edible.

tyred

Legendary Member
I haven't eaten in one since sometime last century and have no particular desire to do so any time soon.

As a child growing up in a rural and relatively sparsely populated area, I was about 13 before I ever got the chance to eat in McDs. I had seen all the TV ads for years and was so excited but was very disappointed as the food was tasteless.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Mucky Ds are ok once every few months but its the bloody aholes who wont use a bin.
So many just throw all their waste straight out the car windows and laugh..

As it goes it looks like the back handers paid off then:rolleyes:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
....in the 1960s that must have been in the US . . . "McDonald's opened its first restaurant in the UK on November 13, 1974. It was in Powis Street, Woolwich " - & IIRC the second was in Holloway or Hornsey in London?

Can't remember my last visit that involved eating . . . . but now the coffee (only) isn't bad and at least tastes of coffee unlike, say, Starbucks - and is a LOT cheaper.

Rob
Thanks Rob but my mistake has already been pointed out. I'm wearing sack cloth & ashes for the rest of the day...^_^

Top Bottom