Rutlands fight to remain McDonald's free..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It’d be great if all drive thrus were banned in this day and age.

dodgy

Let it open, if the the community are committed nobody will use it and McDs will lose a load of money.

But that is unlikely to happen, enough will buckle for their Big Mac fix.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
We had one here a few years ago, and they shut up shop/got booted out because nobody wanted them or used them. It does happen :-)

Do you live on the Rees Mogg Estate?

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Last time I went in a McDonalds was 2014. The time before that was sometime in the 1960s. I'm in no rush to pay another visit.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Let it open, if the the community are committed nobody will use it and McDs will lose a load of money.

But that is unlikely to happen, enough will buckle for their Big Mac fix.
It's planned to be on the bypass, so locals may pass it by, but passersby might not.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Awww come on, don't be ridiculous! It's far easier to sit with your engine running in a queue of cars for 20 minutes than face the torturous alternative of parking 20 yards away, WALKING :ohmy: to the front door, and getting served almost immediately.

The profit margins are higher for drive through customers.
Not sure why but I was told this by a manager.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Being forced to use McDonalds during last year's 24hr Arrow to York didn't change my mind about their grimly inedible food. However, one drive-through (the main 'restaurant' had just shut) did agree to serve us and then the staff let us sit in the warmth while they were cleaning the place up.

Top Bottom