S/Speed Debut Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Currently my Flyer still has the 3/32 chainring ring that came with it but the chain and cog are 1/8, I think thats not uncommon with home brew fixed bikes, personally I prefer 1/8 if I'm riding fixed, but the thinner chainring is OK with the 1/8th cog and chain. at the moment I'm thinking about dropping the chainring to 44 to help the climbing, the Flyer is a bit slower than the Pearson was on the hills, and I'm not a quick climber so I need all the help I can get.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Currently my Flyer still has the 3/32 chainring ring that came with it but the chain and cog are 1/8, I think thats not uncommon with home brew fixed bikes, personally I prefer 1/8 if I'm riding fixed, but the thinner chainring is OK with the 1/8th cog and chain. at the moment I'm thinking about dropping the chainring to 44 to help the climbing, the Flyer is a bit slower than the Pearson was on the hills, and I'm not a quick climber so I need all the help I can get.
So did you put a new chain on to match your fixed cog?

I have found most of the bits I need now in 3/32 but the freewheels I am finding don't say what they are, one 'staff' answer was they would be fine with either chain so am assuming that means they are 3/32 also?

D

Deleted member 1258

So did you put a new chain on to match your fixed cog?

I have found most of the bits I need now in 3/32 but the freewheels I am finding don't say what they are, one 'staff' answer was they would be fine with either chain so am assuming that means they are 3/32 also?

Yes the chain is 1/8, 1/8 chain will work with 3/32 cog and chainring, 3/32 chain wont work with 1/8 cog and chainring

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Ok, got myself a few bits and pieces today.
It now has matching tyres again (@fossyant) Durano+ in 25c, these are a perfect fit to give a little bit of clearance under the guards compared to the original 28's.

Got myself a spare chain (KMC Z610) as recommended by @totallyfixed and a few tools like a freewheel remover and lock ring remover so I might play about with gear inches over the next few months to find my ideal set up.

Top Bottom