SA lottery - nobbled?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Is the answer Mornington Crescent yet?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Does anyone know how many 6-ball national lotteries have been drawn, globally? (since whenever this modern craze started)

/semi-serious post
I was thinking along those lines too!

Maybe there are hundreds of them which have each run a thousand times or so? In that case you could be talking about low millions of draws. The chance of a particular draw once in all of that time would be reduced from billions-to-one to maybe tens-or-hundreds-of-thousands-to one?

Then you would have to look at the question "What IS an odd-looking draw?" There are clearly quite a lot of possibilities, which reduces the odds further...

Consecutive rising numbers separated by 1... 1-6, 2-7... 15-20. 15 sets.
Consecutive falling numbers separated by 1... 20-15, 19-14... 6-1. 15 sets.
Consecutive rising numbers separated by 2... 1-11, 2-12... 10-20. 10 sets.
Consecutive falling numbers separated by 2... 20-10, 19-9... 11-1. 10 sets.

And so on. I reckon you could come up with a hundred or so sets of numbers which people would find odd. Now we are perhaps talking of hundreds-or-thousands-to-one - still unlikely, but no longer astoundingly unlikely!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
No, hang on... The sequences I was thinking of have to be limited to 20 otherwise the powerball would be treated separately.

That is you could have e.g. 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 but then you'd have to include a non-consecutive powerball, 17 say. To get the run of 6 you WOULD have to stick to a limit of 20!

classic33

Leg End Member
Oops again... Thanks, I was thinking of the SA PowerBall, which itself only goes to 20, but the others go to 50!

That obviously increases the chance of odd-looking sequences even further!

I'll edit that post...
There's 59 in the UK Lottery

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just heard tomorrow night's Euro Millions jackpot is £175,000,000.:ohmy:

What the feck would anyone want all that money for?!🤔

Mind you,if i bought a ticket and won i'd buy Accrington Stanley for starters!🧐

Top Bottom