Saddle bags a bit larger than toolbags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have you considered a small handlebar bag? I keep my tools in an underseat toolbag and everything else in a clip off bar bag. Easier to access, and you don't need to get off the bike to do so.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Another vote for Carradice, and for your list of stuff I'd go for a Barley model. The Camper is too big for what you need, and the zipped roll is too small. The Junior and Cadet might be okay. I love their stuff, it's just gorgeous.
Agreed, and you can hand it on to your great-grandchildren to use....

The Super C Audax is an improved version of the Barley and worth the extra IMO. Ask them nicely and they’ll make it in red or another colour....:ohmy:

A very old Zipped Roll and new Red Audax.

Last edited:

Julia9054

Guru
I currently have a topeak (2L) but it’s a few years old and I suspect the zip is about to go. I find it a tiny bit small once my rain jacket is in. I am interested in the ortlieb but none of the outlets that sell it show it attached to a bike.
@netman or @BalkanExpress would either of you mind popping a photo on please?

vickster

Legendary Member

geocycle

Legendary Member
Currently have two zipped rolls, barley and cadet. Barley gets used most if I’m carrying lunch and a spare layer or full waterproof. It sits permanently on the audax bike. Zipped rolls are great for tools, lock and a tennis ball sized waterproof. They can be used as a bar bag on some set ups. I use it on the working from home faux commute each morning. The cadet is a work bag, good for laptop etc. Ive also used the cadet for credit card tours with a good sized bar bag. Need to think of another application to justify another Carradice!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
From what you’ve described something about 4 litres sounds about right

simongt

Guru
Came across a manny last week who had his bike arranged with bikepacking kit. His problem was that the barrel type bar bag was intefering with the gear changing levers incorporated into the brake levers.
Don't get that problem with saddlebags, panniers or traditional box type bar bags - ! ^_^

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Agreed, and you can hand it on to your great-grandchildren to use....

The Super C Audax is an improved version of the Barley and worth the extra IMO. Ask them nicely and they’ll make it in red or another colour....:ohmy:

View attachment 598513

View attachment 598514

A very old Zipped Roll and new Red Audax.
Fabbers you really are extremely irritating, any excuse to show off your new bright red audax saddle bag .:angry:

Top Bottom