Saddle bags a bit larger than toolbags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

netman

Veteran
I currently have a topeak (2L) but it’s a few years old and I suspect the zip is about to go. I find it a tiny bit small once my rain jacket is in. I am interested in the ortlieb but none of the outlets that sell it show it attached to a bike.
@netman or @BalkanExpress would either of you mind popping a photo on please?
Won't be home until later, but yep - happy to...

netman

Veteran
I currently have a topeak (2L) but it’s a few years old and I suspect the zip is about to go. I find it a tiny bit small once my rain jacket is in. I am interested in the ortlieb but none of the outlets that sell it show it attached to a bike.
@netman or @BalkanExpress would either of you mind popping a photo on please?
Here you go... apologies for the dirt, but heh, it gets used :laugh:. The clamp fixes onto the saddle and then you can slide the bag off and on with the quick release. In the open pic you should just be able to make out an inner tube in there - you have packing space from where you see the inner tube to the end of the harder plastic inserts that lie top and bottom inside, then you just roll up the end and use the clips either side to secure it. I've had it out in the rain where I got soaked, but nothing in the bag did (unlike some Carradice bags I've had :whistle:).

Julia9054

Guru
That’s brilliant - thank you so much!
I have a Podsac one which I can get enough stuff in for an overnight stay but it is really difficult to fix on so that it doesn’t wobble around. This one doesn’t look like it would wobble so I think I will buy it.

Last edited:

netman

Veteran
That’s brilliant - thank you so much!
I have a Podsac one which I can get enough stuff in for an overnight stay but it is really difficult to fix on so that it doesn’t wobble around. This one doesn’t look like it would wobble so I think I will buy it.
Nope, can confirm it's very solid and doesn't move around at all once on. That's one of the reasons I rate it so highly as have had plenty that thump around over bumps before - rather annoying!

Top Bottom