Saddle problem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trigger369

Über Member
Hi all .
I've tried a couple of different specialized saddles and still cant get comfortable on them . Tried one cant remember the name and changed to the toupe, and changed to phenom . Bought new roubaix comp and it came with a phenom saddle but not exactly the same as the phenom I had on my other bike this one was more flatter and not raised at the back. I've had my bike fit done on old bike and measurements carried over on to the roubaix .also had sit bones measured. no pains anywhere but only my backside . Had to resort to sudocrem after today's 60mile ride . Done 600mile on this current phenom saddle . Should I try another specialized model and see or try another make altogether ? Thanks

Globalti

Legendary Member
Try a Charge Spoon. There's a reason why they are so popular.

Try a Charge Spoon. There's a reason why they are so popular.
That reason is that it’s the favoured saddle amongst the Internet game of soggy biscuit, that prevails. The charge spoon is a type of saddle ( curved ) that won’t suit everybody. Saddles are generally divided into ; flat ( racing ), curved ( general / Sportive ) and stubby ( TT / hardcore) with a couple in between. Go somewhere that lets you try saddles our, go with what they tell you.

Sharky

Guru
A 60 miler must take at least 4 hrs? Thats quite a long time to be in the saddle. Must expect some discomfort.

How long does it take before discomfort sets in? If you have pains in the first hour, I would put it down to a bad fit saddle. But if it's a pain that gradually comes on with distance, I would suggest it is down to tired legs, no longer taking the full weight of your body.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
DSCN0134.JPG

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
A 60 miler must take at least 4 hrs? Thats quite a long time to be in the saddle. Must expect some discomfort.

How long does it take before discomfort sets in? If you have pains in the first hour, I would put it down to a bad fit saddle. But if it's a pain that gradually comes on with distance, I would suggest it is down to tired legs, no longer taking the full weight of your body.
Starts getting uncomfortable after half hour/ hour mark .I'm moving around a fair bit too . It's the same on a 30 mile ride too .

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
Try better or different shorts (assuming you use padding)
Using dhb bib shorts have 2 pairs flashlight and classic . Dont use the flashlight much might change to them and see as well .

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That reason is that it’s the favoured saddle amongst the Internet game of soggy biscuit, that prevails. The charge spoon is a type of saddle ( curved ) that won’t suit everybody. Saddles are generally divided into ; flat ( racing ), curved ( general / Sportive ) and stubby ( TT / hardcore) with a couple in between. Go somewhere that lets you try saddles our, go with what they tell you.
My CX bike came with a Charge Spoon on it. I had read how great they were so I went out on a shortish ride and...

... came back with the beginnings of a saddle sore! :laugh:

I get on pretty well with Planet X Team saddles so I have now put them on all of my bikes. Your (bottom's) mileage may vary...! :whistle:

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
Have you experimented with saddle tilt? That can have a significant affect.
Havnt touched the saddle as yet. I have to leave the bike in for a free check as it's only 2months old .so will see if my fitter has any suggestions

Top Bottom