Saddle recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Why not a 'Swallow' titanium OK they're a bit expensive but IMHO better than a B17

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I can just echo what others already said - buy whatever feels comfortable.

I've tested saddles by buying and returning through Wiggle - i.e. bought a bunch of saddles, wrapped rails in some electrical tape, fitted to the bike, gave them a test. Following that, made the choice, unwrapped the tape, gave them a good wipe to make sure there were no marks and returned in original packing. Selle Italia saddles are very easy to put back in original packaging without ripping it apart.

You can also call your local bike shops and see if they offer something like a 'saddle library' - where you can leave a deposit and test a saddle.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I have a few Brooks b17 and really like them but thought I would try something else and yes saddles are difficult to get right I have a box of sponge covered plastic anvils in the loft I will never use

Team Pro maybe? I (too) evidently have a Brooksian arse and have had a couple of B17's but got a team pro for my slightly more sporty bike. I went for blingtastic titanium rails albeit not really based on logic vs cost. Tried the Swift but never 100% liked it though it did improve over time. For me B17 and Team pro were comfy from day one.

I have a brooks b17 imo on both my road bikes. It's the only thing I can get comfy on after some arthritis at the hamstring insertion point.

I should end this by saying I would never use anything else. But totally get where the op is coming from !!!! I've been looking at the spa cycles Aries imp - which at just over £50 looks a more streamlined than the b17 ! - haven't pulled the trigger quite yet though !!!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The B17 is my least favourite Brooks, too wide for my skinny bum,the B17n is far better as is my B5n but my Swift and (limited edition) Swallow are fantastic

DSCN0134.JPG

simongt

Guru
I've used Brooks Cambium C17 for years now and would not use anything else.
I chanced a C.17 a while back and now have two. Very comfortable and of course, one of the reasons I invested, they're weatherproof - ! :okay:

Top Bottom