saddle sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I don't think the actual size of the saddle really counts. It is whether or not it is comfortable. There are many threads on saddles, but there is no definitive answer as it is such a personal matter. Having the saddle correctly positioned is a start, ie. height and forward or aft for reach. It may take a while to get on that suits. Take a look at this site.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_sa-o.html#saddle

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Go to a shop and they measure your sit bones on this pad thing that they put on a bench. They tell you which width you need.
The white saddle which came with my SCR4 didnt get hugely dirty, went yellow and if i ever touched anything on my bike in winter that had dirt on it and touched the saddle, it had dirty marks all over it.
Black, i think is better, but only if you have black bar tape aswell.
But then the Avator saddle i have would just need a wipe with a damp cloth to clean it.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
White looks the best i think. If your going to keep it real clean then go for the white.
I would personaly go for the black though, because i am lazy and dont want to spend too long cleaning it. Same reason i dont have white bar tape aswell.

Top Bottom