saddle sore - what cream?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

Get some Alo Vera gel. Best all round treatment for skin irrations I've ever used. Never fails.

normgow

Guru
Many moons ago when I was pretending to race, I and a lot of fellow riders used "Nupercainal" which is analgesic and antiseptic. Don't know if it's still available but ask at the chemists.

Paco

I use Savlon when I have to, but on long rides (ie several days/weeks) you should build up the callouses to endure without.

Tynan

Veteran
can I repeat prevention better than cure?

keep it all clean and fresh and cream up and keep it creamed, once it starts getting sore you're fighting the tide

andyhunter

done a 83 mile training ride and ended up with a saddle sore that had a couple layers of skin removed from addidas bib tights stitching on one side of me thigh which put on cream when got in the door and more cream before race which i can say it do not help at all then from the word go to the end of the 60mile race i was in pure pain so uncomfortable but what worked for me was them sticky bandages as the next training session which was 88.6 miles i did not feel a thing and its still heeling:smile:.

Bill Gates

andyhunter said:
done a 83 mile training ride and ended up with a saddle sore that had a couple layers of skin removed from addidas bib tights stitching on one side of me thigh which put on cream when got in the door and more cream before race which i can say it do not help at all then from the word go to the end of the 60mile race i was in pure pain so uncomfortable but what worked for me was them sticky bandages as the next training session which was 88.6 miles i did not feel a thing and its still heeling:smile:.

.....and all without taking a breath. My vote for the longest sentence on here.

Top Bottom