saddle sore - what cream?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Steve Austin said:
Can you recommend me a good lippy crankarm?

:cry:?

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly as above. Very small amount though once/twice a day or more if you so prefer. Always wash and dry lips first. And avoid licking lips with tongue as this spreads saliva on them causing more soreness/sores.

jimboalee

I've never used creams or lotions. Haven't needed them 'cus I don't get saddle sores.

Then again, I'm not one of these 'spinner' types.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Crankarm said:
:sad:?

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly as above. Very small amount though once/twice a day or more if you so prefer. Always wash and dry lips first. And avoid licking lips with tongue as this spreads saliva on them causing more soreness/sores.

+1. did you know that they come in handy little tins and some are in different flavours eg, aloe vera. really nice.

Crankarm

Guru
bromptonfb said:
+1. did you know that they come in handy little tins and some are in different flavours eg, aloe vera. really nice.

Nope, I use plain variety and original PJ. I have no desire to swallow it. One 100g container has lasted over two years.

Crankarm

Guru
jimboalee said:
I've never used creams or lotions. Haven't needed them 'cus I don't get saddle sores.

Then again, I'm not one of these 'spinner' types.

You presumably don't cycle very often or very far then ..... :laugh:

The winter weather is terrible for causing dryness and cracking of skin when cycling. You need some sort of lubricant or cream to rub on your face. Otherwise you risk looking well old before your time.

moolarb

I use lipstick

now kiss my ar5e

moolarb

ok, serious answer...

Assos is lovely and works for me, but it's expensive.

Try aqueous cream, got a huge tub from the pound shop (guess how much it was?) and it's very similar to that Udderley Smooth stuff which costs about £8 for a small tub.

Defo sudocrem for afterwards.

buddha

Veteran
moolarb said:
ok, serious answer...

Assos is lovely and works for me, but it's expensive.

Try aqueous cream, got a huge tub from the pound shop (guess how much it was?) and it's very similar to that Udderley Smooth stuff which costs about £8 for a small tub.

Defo sudocrem for afterwards.

Aqueous cream contains a mild detergent. So it may not be too good for your skin in the long run.

I baulked at the price of assos cream. So I use a combination of a very thin layer of Sudocrem (cost £5.20 fpr 400g) and a thick emollient (cost £10ish for 500g). The emollient is a bit waxy/oily but it lasts for rides over 50 miles - on the rare occasions I go that far!.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Petroleum jelly works fine for me. Immediately after a ride & shower.

Good before a ride too as it stops your cheeks rubbing agianst the seat.

lukesdad

Never used any of it you guys are creating too much friction. Stop your arses moving across the saddle or spend more time out of it,:biggrin:

Top Bottom