Saddle sores

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
just had a new personal must not do,

Don’t decide after tea that you will have a quick 6 mile run up the back lanes whilst still wearing your tight jeans, you know as it’s a nice evening,

#burning undercarriage

Ouch,

Have I mentioned it hurt a lot, cream now added,

Every day is a learning day :blink:

Slick

Guru
I must admit, I've done it a couple of times now on different bikes with different saddles with differing results. I think the right saddle is more important than the right padding.

OP
OP
I

Ianboydsnr

I must admit, I've done it a couple of times now on different bikes with different saddles with differing results. I think the right saddle is more important than the right padding.

It was down to the jeans being tighter than normal, not the saddle, not normally an issue, live and learn eh.

OP
OP
I

Ianboydsnr

They look snazzy,
the seat fitted is a brooks b17, to a Brompton,( not the one I bought last week of the site) so cycling shorts are not normally used, and I have previously done a 20 mile run in loose jeans without the chafing, the jeans are 32 waist which is a good fit, but they are sort of reasonably tight on the calf’s and thighs, which means they are pulling at the top when you move your legs up and down.

Edit, cat has just been in and metaphoricaly said if you think that hurts, try this, as she dug her claws in, no sympathy here tonight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Ianboydsnr

Well I was just going to have an easy day, but the sun kept tap tap tapping on the window, and explaining to me that the couch wouldn’t float away if I stopped pinning it down,
So I dragged my sorry arse to the garage and got my mountain bike out, got ready and hit the road, figuring if it got painful, I could just return home,

Today was a different day, the sun had dragged many others out, most of who I had never seen before, a lot were pushing their bikes uphill, it’s strange seeing cyclists who ride their bikes with the seat so low, that their legs are 90 degrees at the bottom of the pedal stroke, but they were very nice non the less, and I have learned not to bother pointing it out,

Whinlatter is mostly uphill until you get to the visitor centre, and on the long drag up, I managed to pass a young slim road bike rider, which is unusual because it’s always been me, that gets overtaken, when passing the visitor centre, I of course threw my arms up in the air in jubilation like I had just won a stage of the Tour de Yorkshire pudding, I don’t know why but the walkers looked at me strange, I then did a loop around Derwentwater and back up the Whinlatter hill, I was overtaken by a lad and lass on road bikes on one of the less steep bits, but they seemed to run out of gears on the steeper bit, so I cruised past them unlapping myself, I was overtaken on the long downhill bit because I don’t really do downhill fast, preferring to use my awesome hydraulic disc brakes the full mile or so down,
Anyhow apart from a few occasions where there was pain and I had to ride off the saddle, it seemed ok,

Once back home the wife pestered me to walk up the lane with her, which after 36 miles I didn’t want to do, but I gave in for a bit of peace, then she moaned the whole time, about her back, or the steep hill, why do they do that?
Anyway the undercarriage is fine, so that’s a good thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom