Saddles and prostate problems.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RegG

Über Member
I was chatting to a guy earlier today who suffers with prostate problems. Apparently, his consultant has advised him that, if he gets back into cycling, he should make sure he gets a saddle with a cut-out in the centre, such as the Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow....

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/selle-italia-c2-gel-flow-black-saddle/

or similar style. He had also been told that any male over the age of 55 who rides a bike should use such a saddle to reduce the risk of prostate problems.

Has anyone else heard or been given this advice?

Complete and utter rubbish. He should find a consultant that understands anatomy and has actually sat on a bicycle saddle. Seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjr

arch684

Veteran
I have been taking medication for an enlarged prostate for about a year.I use 3/4 different bikes/saddles every week none of them has a cutout and i have never had a problem

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I have been taking medication for an enlarged prostate for about a year.I use 3/4 different bikes/saddles every week none of them has a cutout and i have never had a problem
You obviously do have a problem as you're taking medication. What you mean is you don't think the saddle has any bearing on it perhaps. I really don't know and I have mild problem myself, I also have that saddle, I do find it quite comfortable, but i don't think it helps much.

I would urge anyone that thinks they have problem to consult their GP. Prostate is a big killer of men over the age of fifty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom