Saddles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Since coming back to cycling after 4 months injury I've found that I seem to have lost some of my "conditioning" in the nether regions. Cycling into work this morning was agony and I'm putting it down to some (in my opinion) idiotic stitching at the sides of the saddle. Unless I want to start walking like a cowboy I'm going to have to invest in something a little more comfortable, preferably with no stitching in the important areas! Does anyone have any advice? It's only for the commuting bike so doesn't need to be the bees knees - just smooth!

BSRU

A Human Being
I have a Brooks flyer special, nice and smooth, reasonably cheap from Spa Cycles.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Brooks B17 or a Chage Spoon. Brooks is marginally comfier, but Spoon can out in the rain and is maintenance-free...and cheaper

e-rider

crappy member
some people like Brooks some hate them! Bear that in mind.

It's impossible to say what saddle will fit YOUR arse! I like Fizik Arione/Gobi XM as do many others, but some people hate them!

adscrim

Veteran
Was the saddle ok before? If so, then surely you will get used to it again and not have to spend any extra.

OP
OP
SquareDaff

SquareDaff

Über Member
Cheers for the advice - will look all suggestions up.

I don't remember the saddle being this painful before but we're now on Ride 3 of 10 and I'm not looking forward to parking my backside on it tonight! I've had to ride 70-80 miles to be this sore in the past!!

We are all different, I personally get on better with a narrower saddle, theres less chafing but may other folk are the exact opposite. I've never had it done but some Specialized stores measure the width of your sit bone so that you get the comfortable fit for you (well thats the theory).

OP
OP
SquareDaff

SquareDaff

Über Member
I've had a look at the Brooks sadles - suspect they wouldn't suit my backside. I only really need something wider than a razorblade to keep me in position. The Chage Spoon definately looks like an option!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Charge Spoon or Knife if you fancy a minimal version. My quest for a comfy saddle ended with the Knife. Ooer matron.

Top Bottom