Sainsbury's Lorry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Piss poor infrastructure.

cubey

Über Member
It's unfortunately part of everyday cycling, near misses. I blame the design of the roads, way to narrow even the newly constructed ones. And why the heck do road designers keep placing the drain covers in a cyclists path, integrate the drains into the kerb/pavements.........GGRRR

[QUOTE 4751674, member: 259"]Yes, but piss-poor driving as well. I wouldn't have cycled in that awful 'lane' though.[/QUOTE]
Yes it is but piss poor infrastructure gives the excuse piss poor drivers look for.

Remove the stupid white lines, cyclists would cycle in a better position and drivers wouldn't feel so aggrieved and stupid fecking morons wouldn't come back with stupid replies suggesting all was right as everyone was in their own lane.

Jody

Stubborn git
Where does the law stand on this as Sainsburys has a point that each person is in their respective lane. Do the lanes trump a close pass rule?

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I'll argue all day for well designed cycle lanes, that looked awful. Some similar around this way and they give you a false confidence and suck you in to a very narrow gap

Reactions: mjr

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm presuming the response is not the official company line, but rather the opinion of an individual member of staff with no particular special qualifications or training in road safety matters?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'm presuming the response is not the official company line, but rather the opinion of an individual member of staff with no particular special qualifications or training in road safety matters?

You expect the official company line from a supermarket to be from someone with "particular special qualifications or training in road safety matters"?

U

User6179

Strange that the cycle lane goes through the pinch point , I have not seen that before , I have seen pinch points being erected and the white line for the cycle lane removed for about 10 metres either side of it so thought if there is a pinch point then you cant have the cycle lane as it obviously dangerous ..

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Strange that the cycle lane goes through the pinch point , I have not seen that before , I have seen pinch points being erected and the white line for the cycle lane removed for about 10 metres either side of it so thought if there is a pinch point then you cant have the cycle lane as it obviously dangerous ..

In cheltenham there was a quite wide, quiet road with a painted on cycle lane which had a couple of pinch points. Bothe the cycle lane and the road lane went through the pinch point at reduced width; both, quite literally, narrower than their respective vehicles. A perfectly safe nice cycle road turned into a death trap by addition of cycle lanes

Top Bottom