Sainsbury's Lorry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
You expect the official company line from a supermarket to be from someone with "particular special qualifications or training in road safety matters"?

When commenting on matters of road safety and law, yes. They own a vast distribution network and to run it even halfway safely and efficiently they must have at least one employee that actually knows something of then subject.

In the event that they genuinely do not have anyone with such noodle, then probably better to keep quiet entirely.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Were I the cyclist, I would have slowed to get the lorry past as quickly as possible.

Extending the time of being in front of its rear wheels by keeping pace is making a bad situation worse.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Strange that the cycle lane goes through the pinch point , I have not seen that before , I have seen pinch points being erected and the white line for the cycle lane removed for about 10 metres either side of it so thought if there is a pinch point then you cant have the cycle lane as it obviously dangerous ..
ATTACH]

2cxanm.jpg

Stick to the cycle lane there and you will have a very close pass.

Whether it is right or wrong we all know that many or perhaps most think it is fine to pass a cyclist as long as they are in a cycle lane. Magic white paint provides impenetrable protection. If the cycle lane isn't wide enough then don't cycle in it. I tend to ride on the white line itself unless it is wet or very narrow which discourages close passes whilst also minimising the "you should be in the cycle lane" crap.

As for Sainsburys it is a rubbish gig for drivers, lots of short journeys and you have to help unload each end. So it tends to attract the very worst agency drivers. There is a reason most of their lorries aren't branded.

Attachments

• 2cxanm.jpg
    2cxanm.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Top Bottom