Saracen 26" MTB Frame??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some of the better quality and rarer Raleighs have a following there, such as the Max Cromo series, the titanium frames jobs etc. The hideous stuff like the Lizard, Activator etc is almost, but not quite, universally shuddered act.

Oh, crikey, you've reminded me of the Raleigh Lizard now. A couple of the 'cool' kids rode them to school. One parked his forwards and locked the front wheel, and one parked backwards and locked the rear, neither locked the frame. It perhaps shows how bad they were (I remember them being fitted with very early canti brakes) that they were never pinched.

Sorry for the thread drift Skipdiver.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
The Killi name some Saracen's had comes from when Nick Crane (think the tall bloke with the brolly sticking out of his rucksack on "Coast") and his cousin Richard cycled up Kilimanjaro on them.
md20443379486.jpg

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
They were quite good in the early 90s. I bought a similar frame on the Bay Of Thieves a few years ago, intending to do it up, but it had a mangled seatstay and went for scrap.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Oh, crikey, you've reminded me of the Raleigh Lizard now. A couple of the 'cool' kids rode them to school. One parked his forwards and locked the front wheel, and one parked backwards and locked the rear, neither locked the frame. It perhaps shows how bad they were (I remember them being fitted with very early canti brakes) that they were never pinched.

Sorry for the thread drift Skipdiver.
A Raleigh Lizard was my first off-road bike. It was heavy and the parts were made of cheese but I certainly got my £200 worth from it. Thompson bottom bracket, though :ohmy:

Top Bottom