Sarah Storey - Cycling and Pregnancy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Did anyone see Sarah Storey on BBC news this morning?

With 7 weeks to go til her baby arrives she's still out riding. It was a fantastic, positive story about cycling in pregnancy.

I continued riding til I was about 33 weeks pregnant. After that I found I couldn't get my knees up high enough when pedalling!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Thanks - I rewound back to see it (8:26 am). That is a neat looking bump! I hadn't returned to cycling when I was having my children although one of my friends was cycling whilst pregnant.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Thanks - I rewound back to see it (8:26 am). That is a neat looking bump! I hadn't returned to cycling when I was having my children although one of my friends was cycling whilst pregnant.
She looked fab didn't she? Caused quite a stir round here when I was riding with a bump. Kept me fit and sane though!

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I wish I had started cycling years ago and definately wish I could have through pregnancy and toddler years...I did not stay sane lol :confused:
LOL! Me neither really, had a prolonged period of post natal depression. :sad:
That said, I didn't ride with my son after I had him, not once, not until he was old enough to ride his own bike. I really feel like I missed out on something :sad: .
I look longingly at people carrying their children by bike! Cant wait til step children start producing grandchildren so I can load them up!

MisterStan

Label Required
Cant wait til step children start producing grandchildren so I can load them up!
You can borrow my daughter - free for as long as you want her!

e-rider

crappy member
Is there an online link to this - I missed it? I've only found an article posted this morning on her targetting the World Championships 2 months after the birth HERE
perhaps after having the baby, she should actually spend some time with it, rather than training non-stop for the world championships?

Top Bottom