Saturday football thread - for football fans that have a bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gooner Mad Dog

OK here goes , going to a game today what team do you support? Man U v Liverpool looks to be a firecracker to start with at 1245. I am an Arsenal season ticket holder normally go up to Sunderland for todays fixture alas not this year.... my daughter plays for Arsenal too was called off today thankfully.

So whether you support Carlisle United or Tottenham ( that's club managed by a guy that can't read or write, text, email ) lets generate the footie biker banter in our own style, might do this each matchday if it catches on..... Come on Arsenal !!!

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Looking forward to the Man U v LFC game, going to squeeze a hour at the gym before hand, too icy for the bike this morning.

The game looks like a draw, but anything can happen especially with Luis Suarez on the pitch

Wades

Not quite as high profile as you chaps but hope to be off to Crawley V Aldershot this afternoon. No riding today but may do a bit of maintenance before hand. MTB's had a flat since last year which I haven't been bothered to repair... :blush:

Edit - Just checked and the games off. Looks like the MTB will get its flat repaired and time for a ride after all!

Durian

Über Member
Looking forward to the Man Utd - Liverpool game, should be a few red cards in that one! At the other end of the table Blackburn -QPR and Bolton - Wigan should be good scraps for the points.

Bicycle

I'm considered not to be a real Gooner, as I quite like to see Spurs do OK as well. I grew up in London and the sort of North London vitriol seen these days was absent from all but a few headcases in my youth.

I won't be in Sunderland today, but I'll be up there next week for the Cup. The sort of match Arsenal would once have won at a canter. Now it will be like climbing the North Face of the Eiger, in espadrilles.

I'm enjoying this season of domestc soccer. Some really good players, the break-up of the old 'Big Three' or 'Big Four'.

It's just bizarre that Giggs can still run (and he can) and that Thierry and P Scholes are back at it.

As a Gooner (of sorts) I'm amused that we are now the lower-division feeder club for Man City and Barcelona. They are starting to look like a team, but it's about time for that.

As for the Arsenal squad, I think they show real promise and in a year or two they'll be pushing for multiple trophies. The aching void of my heart knows that's what I've thought about every Arsenal squad since 2006, but I think it anyway.

Arsenal for the title this year - and the FA Cup. And... Why can I hear an alarm clock?

Ajay

Veteran
C'mon!!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
He he!

Apparantly Roman's been turning up at training sessions and the fans were chanting "You don't know what you're doing" today. Taxi for AVB.

It's embarrassing to be a Chelsea supporter at the moment. AVB is completely clueless and out of his depth. Schoolboy errors by the team today, Cech, Bosingwa, Cole, Lampard, Sturridge, Torres all completely shoot today. Against a run of the mill mid table side.

ps, he turned up at one training session of which he normally does once a week.

yello

Good home result for Leicester today. Shouldn't have to say that bit it's their home form that's suspect.

I'll hopefully be watching that game aswell, a friend of mine over here, a Wolves fan, can't watch them any more, think the final day of last season took its toll on him!!!
I just hope it ain't the same this year, as i won't have any brown hair left. But after todays results the bottom of the table has really tightened up.

Top Bottom