Saturday supermarket shopping..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
I must admit I couldn't be a***ed to follow it up. Waitrose will do for us.
Quite right too.;)

I had a similar problem after the CO-OP "rebranded" my local Somerfield, I asked an assistant where the crowdie was now. "Oh! we don't stock crowdie any more" she said. The exercise of cycling the extra six miles to Lidl for crowdie will do me good. :laugh:

Quite right too.;)

I had a similar problem after the CO-OP "rebranded" my local Somerfield, I asked an assistant where the crowdie was now. "Oh! we don't stock crowdie any more" she said. The exercise of cycling the extra six miles to Lidl for crowdie will do me good. :laugh:
Ah - but Waitrose is nearer to our house than Tesco's! :rolleyes: But the cycle parking at Tesco's is - surprise! - better than at Waitrose.

D

Deleted member 1258

Like a lot of people on here I hate shopping, if I'm going to shop I'd rather do it online. Despite that Saturday is shopping and chores day. We now have a morrisons ten minute walk from us so we walk down with our trolley and walk back, job done in less than an hour and we try to get down early before it gets busy, before Mossisons opened we would take our trolley into town on the bus and use the tescos in Jubilee crescent on the way back. I'll have to get the misses interested in doing the shop online and find something useful to do with my Saturday mornings.

I avoid shopping at the weekends as much as possible. I used to work shifts and have weekdays off but not anymore. I'd agree with the previous posts about getting there for when shops open. I had to go to argos the weekend before Christmas last year (by order if Mrs Donkey) and got there ten minutes after it opened. I was out in no time. They had maximum staff working ready for the busy day ahead but not many customers had arrived.

Top Bottom