Saturday supermarket shopping..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Mindnumbingly boring, fustrating and i'd rather nail me wotsits to a wooden post with rusty nails and a broken hammer than be there...:wacko:
Tescos...we have a huge one here, jesus, i hate Tescos at the best of times. Saturday, cram packed with people, long long queues, its not even christmas yet.
I do my shopping elsewhere midweek to avoid all this...what does SWMBO do ?...demands i obey and go to Tescos with her (just to get a few bits). Then it occured to me...lots of people dont have a choice other than shop on a Saturday (or maybe Sunday). What a waste of a part of the weekend...

Bah humbug :biggrin: .

Are you unlucky enough to HAVE to waste part of your valuable weekend...doing the shopping. I cant imagine anything worse.

joebingo

Über Member
It makes shopping locally a sublime experience though.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I don't do supermarket shopping. I leave that to Mrs Ian.
Local shopping, ie Greengrocers and butchers I will do.

Night Train

Maker of Things
My shopping gets done either during the weekdays or very late at night.
It isn't even worth trying to get around the road networks on Saturdays near Asda or the Trafford Centre.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I remember when (in the 80s) supermarkets first started opening late on Wed-Fri evenings (I think it was), thus relieving me of the necessity to do my shopping on a Saturday morning. Luxury! But you had to go on Wed to avoid the queues, as all the folks who got paid in cash on Thurs or Fri would crowd the place out then.

potsy

Rambler
The advantage of shift work is I can go shopping 'off peak' as it were.
Sometimes go Sunday but I'll get there at 9.45am and be at the checkout by 10am home by 10 past
thumbsup.png

longers

Legendary Member
If it weren't for all the folk clogging up the supermarkets and retail parks of a weekend imagine how busy the great outdoors would be. Maybe.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The advantage of working from home and living 300 yards from the shops is that I can walk round there whenever I feel like it and avoid crowds altogether. Okay, I don't have such a wide range of choice and the prices are higher than those you chaps pay but I don't have the expense of running a car so it doesn't bother me. ;)

best thing about working nights ... I hate supermarkets and avoid them whenever I can. I get to wander around Ross buying food from the local small shops. Pretty much all I use the Sainsbury's for is booze and toiletries.

col

Legendary Member
Im lucky, my wife normally pops in on her way home from work, or goes with her sisters when they decide to go of an evening.

brokenbetty

Über Member
Tesco online shopping. Ordered Thursday night, delivered about 9.30 this morning. Worth every penny of the delivery charge to not have to go to Tescos on a Saturday. I can't remember the last time I actually did a supermarket shop in person.

Solution: Become a lark like me - I went to Ikea at 8:50 this morning, just as they opened - and the car park was virtually empty! When I came out at 11am it was like a lunatic asylum!

You spent 2 hours in Ikea?

I'm fortunate in that the nearest one is in Leeds, I think?Hence I have never been and don't intend to start going despite Mrs Pm pleas, and she won't go herself as motorway driving terrifies her. She'd just come back with yet more cushions.

Shaun

Founder
I'm afraid I'm also a victim of the "weekend troll around Tescos / Morrisons".

I've complained to Mrs. Admin about it, and we now do the occasional online shop-and-drop, so I do get a few weekends off, but she still likes to go for a "mooch around" and handle all the goodies, and because she can't drive and needs a hand at the shops I end up having to go.

Now I've got an iPhone though I can browse CC whilst I'm hovering behind with the trolley. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom