Shopping Trolleys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mrs Tkk has been talking about getting a shopping trolley. We no longer have car and generally walk / bus to the shops with our rucksacks.
I worked in engineering and looking at the trolleys I see out and about, the vast majority seem poorly engineered, flimsy axles, cheap wobbly wheels due to cheap sleeve bearings etc.
can anyone recommend/ have experience of a brand that is both well made and stylish?
( I've been a bit " anti " as I tend to see them as a life stage item, and Mrs Tkk will stay forever young in my eyes)

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Mrs Tkk has been talking about getting a shopping trolley. We no longer have car and generally walk / bus to the shops with our rucksacks.
I worked in engineering and looking at the trolleys I see out and about, the vast majority seem poorly engineered, flimsy axles, cheap wobbly wheels due to cheap sleeve bearings etc.
can anyone recommend/ have experience of a brand that is both well made and stylish?
( I've been a bit " anti " as I tend to see them as a life stage item, and Mrs Tkk will stay forever young in my eyes)

These look decent.

https://letsgettrollied.co.uk/classic-2-wheel-trolley

My grandad used one for years, he's take us shopping all day just piling the stuff in. My mum used to shudder at all the frozen food being in there all day, partially thawing out and being re frozen lol.

1 recomendation that came up from a student (they seem to be really popular with univerisity folk) is: Hoppa 47L Lightweight Shopping Trolley, if you don't do Amazon then Argos have 2 Wheel Folding Black Insulated Shopping Trolley. Both under £30.

OP
OP
Tenkaykev

Tenkaykev

Guru
Well he did say good quality. :laugh: Look like they will last a while.

That's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. As long as it's not a " I saw you coming " price then I'm happy to spend a bit.

OP
OP
Tenkaykev

Tenkaykev

Guru
Is This too big (Amzaon link)? My Dad bought one for the beach and ended up pulling my son and niece around the garden in it. very sturdy, very roomy, lower centre of gravity for shopping. 55 quid

It is too big Andy, Mrs Tkk wants a shopping trolley and that looks a tad unwieldy ( though it would be great for taking her home from the pub after she's been on the Craft IPA )

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I bought an elderly relative one that's very robust for £18.00, there's no need to be getting ripped off. Check your local markets etc and places like B and M etc.

Top Bottom