Shopping Trolleys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Don’t get one too big as they can be a blasted nuisance and heavy to get on a bus for example.
Trolleys are used a lot here for ferry trips to Oban for shopping and 4 wheel ones are common. One character even has two and he pushes one and pulls the other.
We sometimes get trolley traffic jams and I kicked up a fuss with the ferry as I could not get my wife down to the car deck in her wheelchair due to trolley blockage. She was presented with an apology and a large bunch of flowers by Calmac on our next trip.
Sorry no knowledge of recent models.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Make sure you get one that is the right height for you. I had one temporarily and the handle wasn't long enough for me so it was too close behind when I was pulling it. I had to extend the handle with a length of ribbon. But it would've been fine for someone with a different reach.

This is very true if you around 6 foot tall, mine can bang me in the back of my heels if I'm not careful

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Never mind the day-shoppers and fashionistas, go for the real thing:
clax_green-1-2_300x.jpg

clax_green-3_300x.jpg

It will even take two rucksacks or a second box on the lower deck.

Last edited:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member

I refuse to buy anything from a site that describes their products as "These bad boys"!

presta

Guru
I was on the verge of getting one until I decided I didn't fancy the faff of wrestling two trolleys round the aisles instead of one.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I was on the verge of getting one until I decided I didn't fancy the faff of wrestling two trolleys round the aisles instead of one.
What you do is put the shopping trolley inside the supermarket trolley. ^_^
I was tempted to get one because Tesco stopped sending discount vouchers when they noticed I was shopping twice as often for half the quantity.
The discount vouchers have been replaced by the Clubcard deals, ages ago afair.
If you have the app, the deals are also there.

Top Bottom