Shopping Trolleys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Make sure you get one that is the right height for you. I had one temporarily and the handle wasn't long enough for me so it was too close behind when I was pulling it. I had to extend the handle with a length of ribbon. But it would've been fine for someone with a different reach.

good point... the wheelie baskets with the extendable handle in Aldi are annoyingly short for me, and that's just when I'm returning them to 'basket corner' from the tills. going up and down the aisles would do my back in!

Gwylan

Veteran
....but not a trolley.

I was tempted to get one because Tesco stopped sending discount vouchers when they noticed I was shopping twice as often for half the quantity.

I am devoting a lot of energy to avoiding supermarkets that don't have " member deals"
So I spend most of my money in Aldi
The rest can wander off into the mist ...

classic33

Leg End Member
What you do is put the shopping trolley inside the supermarket trolley. ^_^

The discount vouchers have been replaced by the Clubcard deals, ages ago afair.
If you have the app, the deals are also there.
Is that any better sticking your child in the trolley. Knowing where the wheels have been.

winjim

Smash the cistern
The best trolleys are made by Rolser. Not the cheapest but they're well built and actually styled pretty nicely, they don't look like old lady trolleys. Spanish colleague of mine says they use them all the time over there. I bought one a while ago and it's a quality piece of kit.

https://www.rolser.com/en

1701292310990.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tenkaykev

Tenkaykev

Guru
Gratuitous bearing shot of the Rolser.

View attachment 714901
That's impressive. 1or 2 RS by the look of it 👍

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Mrs Tkk has been talking about getting a shopping trolley. We no longer have car and generally walk / bus to the shops with our rucksacks.
I worked in engineering and looking at the trolleys I see out and about, the vast majority seem poorly engineered, flimsy axles, cheap wobbly wheels due to cheap sleeve bearings etc.
can anyone recommend/ have experience of a brand that is both well made and stylish?
( I've been a bit " anti " as I tend to see them as a life stage item, and Mrs Tkk will stay forever young in my eyes)
Having examined a few container loads of shopping trollies at the cheaper end of the market in the past, most of them seem to come in kit form to cram in more, so part of the problem may be at the assembly stage before being sold on to the public.

I bought a cheap (£6.99) shopping trolley about ten years ago, from a cheap sells-everything shop, thinking well I don't want to use it but if I need it sometimes ...
18 months ago I accidentally dropped it when it was heavily loaded with compost, and the handle cracked badly so it had to be thrown out. Mind you I kept the bag as that was still in good condition.

About four years after I'd got it, I was trundling it along, heavily loaded with bottles of wine, butter and bananas, when a bit of it caught on a broken bit of pavement and a wheel fell off. There was no way I would ever have got home without it, so I pushed the wheel back on and proceeded with caution ...
Never gave me a day's trouble after that until it was dropped with the compost on it.

So I went back to the same shop and bought the most similar model, this one cost me £8.99. Great for when I have to, or are likely to have to, carry weighty things on foot/public transport. 'Big' shop, library, garden centre, street market etc. A couple of bungee cords make it even more versatile - add bulky but lightweight items to your load.

Top Bottom