Sausage Reviews

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
More of a damp squib than a banger! :whistle:

I think I'll set up a rival website. If I do 8 reviews in 2019, I'll be in the money. And as a pork butcher's daughter who used to eat raw sausage as a child, I think I am better qualified than a family that 'likes sausages'.

Sorry to be blunt, @MichaelW2.

rikki

Legendary Member

I think I'll set up a rival website. If I do 8 reviews in 2019, I'll be in the money. And as a pork butcher's daughter who used to eat raw sausage as a child, I think I am better qualified than a family that 'likes sausages'.

Yes
Between the three of us we have probably doubled their web traffic for the month.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

I would like to receive lunchtime headlines Monday - Friday plus breaking news alerts, by email
Update newsletter preferences

Katie Hopkins has promised to keep her vow to run naked down Regent Street with a sausage up her bottom after Sadiq Khan's win - and says the meat will be halal.

The pot-stirring columnist had vowed to perform the stunt if Zac Goldsmith wasn't elected Mayor of London.

And after Sadiq Khan soared to victory in the capital's poll, Hopkins assured people she would still perform a streak of her own in protest at the result.

In a series of typically barbed tweets she told followers: "My halal sausages are in order. I am a woman of my word."

Cycleops

Legendary Member

Then perhaps you could tell me then why the local butchers sausages are so delicious but the supermarket ones, even the premium brands, are so unremittingly horrible?

alicat

Legendary Member
It will depend on how much prime meat and how much non-prime meat goes in, how big the chunks of meat are, how much attention is paid to quality as opposed to matching a price point and what the casing is made of. It will also depend on your memory of getting individual service at the butcher's and not being part of a sausage machine (excuse the pun).

FWIW, I think Morrison's sausages especially the Lincolnshire ones are great.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Then perhaps you could tell me then why the local butchers sausages are so delicious but the supermarket ones, even the premium brands, are so unremittingly horrible?
Have to say the only supermarket sausages I eat are the 'better but not silly' ones from Sainsbury's & Waitrose - the kind they often have two for a fiver deals on - and I find them very tasty. Tend to stick to the basic pork or sometimes with caramelised onion ones (she likes those) and yum yum.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Porky Whites premium quality sausages are quite nice. Apparently they come from Surrey, but Sainsburys sell them in store.

1554706221305935466362.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom