Saw a cyclist getting ticketed by the police

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I think the Met at least have been given new instructions to enforce restrictions more strictly. On my usual trip to walk the hound I saw three separate incidents of people pulled over and being given tickets, one of them being a cyclist in full lycra. The caveat of course is that I didn't actually see him being pulled over - he may have done something naughty. But in conjunction with the other two incidents, it does make me suspect that new orders are in operation.

He should just say he's off to Westminster Bridge.

View: https://twitter.com/d_rafi1/status/1250864574984867856

alicat

Legendary Member
^^^^ not sure vague speculation is helpful in the slightest. New Coronavirus emergency regulations have to be enacted and it will be helpful to communicate them to the public....

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
^^^^ not sure vague speculation is helpful in the slightest. New Coronavirus emergency regulations have to be enacted and it will be helpful to communicate them to the public....
Fair point. But to see three in one trip when I generally see one a year, if that, doesn't seem that vague. I'm only saying what I saw.

I think the Met at least have been given new instructions to enforce restrictions more strictly. On my usual trip to walk the hound I saw three separate incidents of people pulled over and being given tickets, one of them being a cyclist in full lycra. The caveat of course is that I didn't actually see him being pulled over - he may have done something naughty. But in conjunction with the other two incidents, it does make me suspect that new orders are in operation.
You actually saw tickets being handed over?
Where in London?

I haven't been out for a few days for various reasons - intend to get out for two longish rides round town at the weekend - will make sure I have my old school panniers on the bike.
(and ride my favourite non flash looking bike)

FWIW the last 3 or 4 rides I have had, I have seen the local police about. Normally I would be lucky to see one in 6 months unless they were going to an emergency with blues and twos. In a way that is how it used to be until the cuts that were made several years back. I don`t want to get into a political argument just an observation.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've seen police out in greater numbers and yet I stand by my assertion that you'll struggle to find a police officer who has the time and inclination to stop a cyclist purely to ascertain whether he's out for genuine exercise or something else. One, it's virtually impossible to tell, and two, there are so many easier / more obvious targets... groups of youths congregating, cars with families on board, the list goes on.

I think you saw a fixed penalty swee'pea, the cyclists were likely stopped running a red light or similar I'd bet.

Gunk

Guru
I haven’t seen any locally where we live, saw a patrol a couple of weeks ago in Woodstock but that’s been it.

Top Bottom