Saw a cyclist getting ticketed by the police

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
@swee'pea99, I bet you wish you had never mentioned it now don't you?
No kidding.

Mr Celine

Discordian
I was told that at least in Scotland the legislation has no specific distance beyond which you cannot go.
I established by experiment that the distance is 27 miles. That's how far I rode on Wednesday before I ran out of Scotland.
It looked almost like summer today and as I'm officially on leave rather than pretending to work from home what could be better than having a proper holiday and heading south to a foreign country?
View attachment 515368

Unfortunately having spent a lot of energy getting there the view looked rather better in the other direction-
View attachment 515369
Until I spotted the Eildon Hills on the horizon midway between the flagpole and the roadsign. Living near a good landmark is all very well unless it appears tiny due to being rather far away. At least it's downhill to start with.
I stopped just before Jedburgh at the Capon Tree which is barely noticeable from a car. It's a remnant of the ancient Jedforest, from when it was a forest rather than a rugby team.
View attachment 515378
A quick stop in Jed for a pic of the Abbey, looking resplendent in the sunshine and completely free of tourists.
View attachment 515381
And one last photo stop, just past Lilliardsedge from where the Eildons now look within a more reasonable distance...
View attachment 515382
Which is just as well as I was knackered and almost out of juice.
In ordinary times I wouldn't recommend this route (the A68) unless at 5:00 on a June morning but with the weird almost empty roads I only had one incident of note. Pandemic or no pandemic, timber lorries are usually driven by psychos and that empty wagon has to overtake NOW.
View attachment 515385

Today's map -

View attachment 515386
54 miles @ 16.1 mph, 956m up and down.

Lincolnshire police have stated they won't be doing road blocks to check whether people are breaking the rules. So I assume that includes cyclist. In town a couple of weeks ago the police weren't following the 2 metre rule and ignored me when I said excuse me to get passed. On the other hand Lincolnshire has very low coronavirus numbers.

Top Bottom