Saw bike as mine stolen online today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

The Police prioritize crimes and obviously have to concentrate on serious crime more as the public expects. Although its upsetting having a bike stolen its not a serious crime and is way down the list of Police priorities.
If people cant afford to replace their bike they tend to get bike insurance to cover thefts.

Yeah no I don't follow, so certain crimes they choose to not investigate? I have to say this doesn't make me feel confident that if some more serious crime would happen to me, I could count on them.

OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

Android phones can do that more straightforwardly by using the Settings menu in the Messaging app and ticking the delivery reports box.

It was a Facebook message, there is no sign that she read it but than again we all know we can read Facebook message without actually opening it.

OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

Well, say if someone was being murdered or there was a terrorist attack and a bike was being stolen at the same time, then they would investigate the first two because they are more serious.A bike being stolen is upsetting but in the grand scheme of things not a serious crime.
Theres been loads in the papers and on the T.V about the Police having their budgets cut as well.

Don't they have like small crimes unit especially for those? My friend had her motorbike vandalised and she said they were on crime scene right away. Now is 9 days after they stole my bike and they were just going to see CCTV. Hope they did, nobody updated me.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It's not mine, finally got the photos thanks to my friend calling. So on one hand great on other, back to square one.

If you liked your bike you could consider making her an offer for it.

Although as others have said, the price is way too high.

On t'other hand, you have a story to tell her, so she might be inclined to help you.

For every knacker - and there are plenty - there are far more decent folk.

OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

If you liked your bike you could consider making her an offer for it.

Although as others have said, the price is way too high.

On t'other hand, you have a story to tell her, so she might be inclined to help you.

For every knacker - and there are plenty - there are far more decent folk.

Yeah is £500 it's even more expensive than in the shop in 2016, I guess is vintage!
I am not buying expensive bike never ever again ..my next one will be £30 if it's get stolen..oh well.

macky

People aren’t pointing out “it’s not your bike” they are pointing out that it MOST LIKELY isn’t your bike. The reason being , to stop you jumping in with three feet and digging a very big hole.
At least you found out it wasn’t yours.
I’d like to bet your bike is within 10mile of your house even closer if it’s still no front wheel. The local bag head would have took it for a quick fix. It would have been dumped if he couldn’t sell it straight away as he wouldn’t be arsed carrying it.

johnnyb47

Guru
There's thousands of bikes stolen each year. I wonder what actually happens to them.
At a guess there just simply sold on to unsuspecting buyers.
There must thousands and thousands of law abiding cyclists out there, riding around on stolen second hand bikes completely oblivious to it.
In the eyes of the law, a stolen bike is low down on there priorities. Trying to track down a stolen bike is virtually impossible for them, and with there limited resources, and on going emergencies they simply just don't get the time to investigate.
Looking at the bigger picture though, I bet the accumulated cost of cycle theft would leave us with eye watering amounts of money lost.

classic33

Leg End Member
There's thousands of bikes stolen each year. I wonder what actually happens to them.
At a guess there just simply sold on to unsuspecting buyers.
There must thousands and thousands of law abiding cyclists out there, riding around on stolen second hand bikes completely oblivious to it.
In the eyes of the law, a stolen bike is low down on there priorities. Trying to track down a stolen bike is virtually impossible for them, and with there limited resources, and on going emergencies they simply just don't get the time to investigate.
Looking at the bigger picture though, I bet the accumulated cost of cycle theft would leave us with eye watering amounts of money lost.
Try and have a look in a property room at any large station.

Local force passes them onto auction to be sold.

OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

People aren’t pointing out “it’s not your bike” they are pointing out that it MOST LIKELY isn’t your bike. The reason being , to stop you jumping in with three feet and digging a very big hole.
At least you found out it wasn’t yours.
I’d like to bet your bike is within 10mile of your house even closer if it’s still no front wheel. The local bag head would have took it for a quick fix. It would have been dumped if he couldn’t sell it straight away as he wouldn’t be arsed carrying it.

Don't quite get it "jumping in with three feet and digging a very big hole" reference. I had to check that. I came here with question how can I tackle that problem so I found comments eh is not yours probably pointless and frustrating.

MiK1138

Veteran
I really "love" how people like to point out this is not my bike.
I believe that wasn't my question. I can see how this doesn't follow the exact scenario this should usually happen but nerveless a bike identical to mine was advertised 5 days after mine was stolen so if you don't have anything to say in order to help me identify it, why don't you keep it to yourself. Situation is stressful enough.
What do you want us to say, you have been advised to go and look at the bike if the front wheel is a replacement there is a good chance it is yours, but if you don't go and look you will never know. Don't go there looking to recover your bike, go there as a potential buyer, even if you think after looking that it is your bike don't confront the seller go to the police at that point.

As this particular line of enquiry has not borne fruit, as posted by the OP, we're closing this thread.

It's not mine, finally got the photos thanks to my friend calling. So on one hand great on other, back to square one.

@lenkasobie feel free to post another thread should you need any more advice and consider posting a wanted ad if you're looking for another bike on a budget, someone may well have something for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom