Saw bike as mine stolen online today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
I hope you get somewhere with this , but don't hold you breath waiting for police to help ,my GF had her bike nicked , got the photos off gum tree, photos of her on it , frame number , registered with police , two very identifiable mods , Cops , ..... Not enough evidence ?

OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

I hope you get somewhere with this , but don't hold you breath waiting for police to help ,my GF had her bike nicked , got the photos off gum tree, photos of her on it , frame number , registered with police , two very identifiable mods , Cops , ..... Not enough evidence ?

you didn't go to get it? was it expensive bike?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Assuming the seller is who she says she is then she's unlikely to be a thief. She's got far too much information in the public domain. I'm looking at her linkedin page right now. She has a pretty good job.

OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

Assuming the seller is who she says she is then she's unlikely to be a thief. She's got far too much information in the public domain. I'm looking at her linkedin page right now. She has a pretty good job.

Travel and expenses coordinator a good job? not sure mate..anyway I don't know what is the story. What I know is that someone is selling a bike which is exactly like mine and I want to know if is mine. Is this so hard to understand? Wouldn't you being in my position?

johnnyb47

Guru
If I was in your position "Yes" I would want to find out whether that bike was mine. As said before ,go and have a look at it. and ask the seller if you can take it for a quick test ride. Once out of sight ,check the serial number out to see if it's yours. If it's yours contact the police. If its not , just let the seller know your npt interested after the test ride.
It will then put your mind at rest.

OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

Not to expensive , but hard to find a bike that good for the money , as for getting it back , when spotted on gumtree the link was closed , comlplained to gumtree , but they would not release data , as said coppers not interested

not interested? why are they not helpful!!

OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

If I was in your position "Yes" I would want to find out whether that bike was mine. As said before ,go and have a look at it. and ask the seller if you can take it for a quick test ride. Once out of sight ,check the serial number out to see if it's yours. If it's yours contact the police. If its not , just let the seller know your npt interested after the test ride.
It will then put your mind at rest.

That's all great but she is not replying to me now..said will send photos yesterday and nothing happened. Didn't even read/reply to my message. I am now getting friends to call her as messages go nowhere.

ozboz

Guru
not interested? why are they not helpful!!

Bordering on , but it seems there are 20,000 + bikes nicked every year in London , so they target their resousouces ,

classic33

Leg End Member
That's all great but she is not replying to me now..said will send photos yesterday and nothing happened. Didn't even read/reply to my message. I am now getting friends to call her as messages go nowhere.
Try *02# followed by a space, then your message, when you send a text message.

It should let you know if the text has been read, without them knowing.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Travel and expenses coordinator a good job? not sure mate..anyway I don't know what is the story. What I know is that someone is selling a bike which is exactly like mine and I want to know if is mine. Is this so hard to understand? Wouldn't you being in my position?
I understand, and it must be pretty rubbish having your bike stolen. However, your question about how to identify your bike has been answered (pictures, check front wheel in first instance), so another point of interest is to consider how likely it is that this person is the thief.

Is it really likely that your bike was stolen by an expenses coordinator for a major Biotech company who is now attempting to sell it for close to RRP? It seems unlikely to me, but then again I know nothing about criminal psychology so I could be wrong.

macky

I can’t see this being your bike. Same reasons as said plus if it was stolen then a quick £150 would be a more realistic asking price for a quick sale.

OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

I really "love" how people like to point out this is not my bike.
I believe that wasn't my question. I can see how this doesn't follow the exact scenario this should usually happen but nerveless a bike identical to mine was advertised 5 days after mine was stolen so if you don't have anything to say in order to help me identify it, why don't you keep it to yourself. Situation is stressful enough.

OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

I understand, and it must be pretty rubbish having your bike stolen. However, your question about how to identify your bike has been answered (pictures, check front wheel in first instance), so another point of interest is to consider how likely it is that this person is the thief.

Is it really likely that your bike was stolen by an expenses coordinator for a major Biotech company who is now attempting to sell it for close to RRP? It seems unlikely to me, but then again I know nothing about criminal psychology so I could be wrong.

Dude as I said I don't know all the story. I saw her bf online as well, I believe he is a student. Or maybe she bought it cheap and selling at better price. I don't know all the story, I want to know but even more I would like to know if this is my bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom