Saw bike as mine stolen online today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

Text her and say you are interested. Then ask for a picture of the actual bike as she is quite a drive away from where you live. If its the advert I have just seen then it should be pretty straight forward as they state the bike has only been used twice. If its got odd wheels on then its yours.

Be careful of what and how you ask, because if it is your bike and they are shady they will soon cotton on to what you are doing.

Edit. Beat me to it @I like Skol

ok, thanks.
I already asked for photos and waiting for it.
Hope that will help.

My question was exactly what and how I ask not to raise the suspicion.

OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

Am I missing something here? The bike was sold new for £500 (£465 on the last Evans cycles advert before they sold out) and a used one is now being advertised on Gumtree for ..... £500?

That is odd, but unless this bike has a different front wheel (the chances of getting an exact matching replacement wheel and tyre are slim) then I think you can confidently assume this is not your bike. Seeing actual pictures of the bike for sale should quickly clear this up beyond doubt.

That is a good point, maybe is different year make.
Pictures should be helpful to identify that.

OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

That is a good point, maybe is different year make.
Pictures should be helpful to identify that.

Okay so I just called Evans Cycles and they said that the only bike which was make of that colour was Pinnacle Neon 3 in 2016. That means that it couldn't be made in different year! I feel this is too much of coincidence I think!!!

keithmac

Guru
Ask her if you can view it (ti get the address hopefully), then when you have the address ask for the frame number or picture of underneath of bottom bracket..

MiK1138

Veteran
Having looked at the add, i doubt this is yours, seller is offering a Lock and Lights all unused, sounds to me like someone bought a bike with the intention of using it and discovered it wasn't for them hence the price, she is just trying to get her money back with no inclination on the depreciation of bikes the minute they leave the shop

OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

Having looked at the add, i doubt this is yours, seller is offering a Lock and Lights all unused, sounds to me like someone bought a bike with the intention of using it and discovered it wasn't for them hence the price, she is just trying to get her money back with no inclination on the depreciation of bikes the minute they leave the shop

I have noticed that too but price of the bike was actually £450 in 2016 so she is not actually giving anything for free that much. Might be just to add to confusion? If the bike is so unused why she posted photo off the website? I might asked her which year she bought it but than again her lying here won't prove anything. Isn't this just too much coincidental that this specific colour was made only with one model in 2016? Exactly the one I had?

OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

Even if you can prove it's yours it's highly unlikely the Police will do anything about it unfortunately.

ok, that's very pessimistic and not really bring anything new

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I am a bit confused.

This seller lives quite a way from you. They are selling a bike which is the same make and model which you had stolen. But apart from that you have no reason to believe this is your bike. I would imagine quite a lot of that model was sold in your area.

I have a feeling this is not your bike.

OP
OP
lenkasobie

lenkasobie

I am a bit confused.

This seller lives quite a way from you. They are selling a bike which is the same make and model which you had stolen. But apart from that you have no reason to believe this is your bike. I would imagine quite a lot of that model was sold in your area.

I have a feeling this is not your bike.

well I am on all websites and I haven't seen any like this as long as searches go..the bike is same colour as mine, same size (I asked) and pooped out 5 days after mine was stolen. Also picture is off the website which is suspicious especially if bike is in such a good condition as described. I called the shop today and they told me that this specific colour was only made this year (2016) and only for this specific bike model - Pinnacle Neon 3 so that narrows it down. I think is enough to get really suspicious. In term of location - bikes can be transported quite easily I believe and is not that far.. an hour away. Why makes you think is not mine?

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If you saw it would you know if it was yours. If you would then take someone with you and go and see it. Take your paperwork with you and if its the same frame number show them its yours. If you need to call the police while you are standing there.

My guess is that if it is yours they would rather give you it back than have the police involved.

But you need to do something sharpish or it will be gone.

My question is. Why would a thief give away a brand new lock and light_

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom