Saying goodbye- Vernon's funeral

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sharonzac

I didn't want to make this post until I had Lesley's permission to do so and I want to thank her for allowing me to pass on these details, as I am sure that there are a number of you who would like to say goodbye to Vernon.

The funeral is to be held at Lawnswood Crematorium on the 28th of April at 1.40pm. This will be followed by a gathering/celebration of Vernon's life at Wheatwood Hall, Leeds.

Vernon's family have requested no flowers please and there is no need to wear black.

Thanks.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I didn't want to make this post until I had Lesley's permission to do so and I want to thank her for allowing me to pass on these details, as I am sure that there are a number of you who would like to say goodbye to Vernon.

The funeral is to be held at Lawnswood Crematorium on the 28th of April at 1.40pm. This will be followed by a gathering/celebration of Vernon's life at Wheatwood Hall, Leeds.

Vernon's family have requested no flowers please and there is no need to wear black.

Thanks.
Thanks for letting us know, sharonzac. Not the most pleasant of tasks but worth it for the man.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Somehow I still expect Vernon to write something on this forum, his parting has not sunk in yet but it is kind of his wife to let us know about his funeral. I am sure it will be well attended.

Somehow I still expect Vernon to write something on this forum, his parting has not sunk in yet but it is kind of his wife to let us know about his funeral. I am sure it will be well attended.

I too still think it's not real and he'll post a message. It'll sink in after a month or so when his posts sadly disappear from the boards pages.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm tied up with visiting relations so can't come. My father and grandmother were buried in Lawnswood so I'd attend if I could get away. Please pass on our condolences to the family for us - I don't even have Vernon's address to send a note to, though I actually asked him for it so I could return a bike tool to him but he'd found spares. So I got to keep the tool and I never got the address.

jnrmczip

First I've logged on in a while sad news indeed

Top Bottom