Scalped a couple of lycra clad roadies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
MacB is more of an omega male :whistle:

You can't blame me for this, I had a nose at the line and decided who would be easiest to make 'my bitch' :whistle:

Scalping is really a backhanded compliment. And MacBs paperboy encapsulates the quite charming harmlessness of it. Im sure MacB didnt yell at the angelic (but shocked) paperboy - "dont big yourself up too much you little sh*t im 85 into a 100 miler" but rather redoubled his efforts in attempting to keep up with the paperboy so he was at least in striking distance the next time the paperboy had to stop again.

apollo179

The only place i regularly get scalped is richmond park otherwise it is thankfully a rare occurence.

I got scalped in hampstead by a bloke in black shorts yesterday. I saw him approaching on a slip road about to join my road as i went past. He was obviously fresh whereas i was 20 miles into 35 and he flew past me a short while later - not a word , no acknowledgment that i had clearly got 20 miles under my belt , nothing. No consideration for my feelings whatsoever.

on the road

Über Member
I got scalped in hampstead by a bloke in black shorts yesterday. I saw him approaching on a slip road about to join my road as i went past. He was obviously fresh whereas i was 20 miles into 35 and he flew past me a short while later - not a word , no acknowledgment that i had clearly got 20 miles under my belt , nothing. No consideration for my feelings whatsoever.
That was obviously meant as a joke ;)

danger mouse

Best (worst?) scalp was last week. Just coming to the brow of a hill I was passed rather rapidly by a very nice chap who as he breezed past gave a friendly wave and a cheery "hows it going"

I followed him onto a flatter section and started to catch him up and despite feeling sure I could have went past, it felt rather odd and ungentlemanly to do so. I just turned off and took a shorter route to where I was headed.

Nice camaraderie I thought.
thumbsup.png

Crankarm

Guru
Scalped a couple of lycra clad roadies today, Harding Hill on the Duns Longframacus road; Its a big big hill with an easy start, two roadies whizzed past me in the usual fashion, 5 minutes later one of them had blown up and was stood by his bike trying to get his breath. I was too out of breath to make any sarcastic comment, but I did enjoy my moment. They did catch up and pass me on the other side, but so what, my moment was sweet
biggrin.gif

Were you on your zimmer frame ;) ?

Top Bottom