scary, sorry ortlieb, beware and my fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephenjubb

Über Member
Hi all,

Bike is left in garage.

Recently being ill, left chocalates in bottom of bar bag and wrapping was open (presumed it was due to bike bouncing and wrappers on chocalate wrapper being open)

Recently found edge of new ortlieb bar bag frayed and plastic strip cut and I thought how had that happened. Thought it was a fault but was surprised given its quality and reputation.

Was going to send back to seller but left it a while being lazy.

Went to get bike out today, opened up bar bag to put sandwich in and then at the top was a door mouse. I jumped back yelled whoa and the mouse jumped out narrowly missing my arm.

Was glad I did this pre ride, if I had opened the bar bag whilst out riding, the mouse would have fallen to the bottom and I might I rummaged around in there and got bitten. I shiver at the thought.

Serves me right for leaving chocolates in my bar bag.

Realise the mice are only living so not going to do any lethal to them. So gonna get some sonic alarms to persuade them not to go in garage again and is non lethal to wildlife.

Just posting to advise others of my mistakes.

cheers

s jubb

Mice are crunchy with a nice soft filling!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I left a sealed cereal bar in my new panniers last year & a bloody mouse got in & had that :angry: luckily though there is no damage to pannier :rolleyes:

perplexed

Guru
Sonic mouse deterrents don't work.

We stayed at a fabulous old barn conversion in France last year, very rural. It had a sonic mouse deterrent, but this didn't stop "Maurice" (as he became known) from sitting on it and twitching his whiskers at us with a baleful gaze...

PurplePoodle

Please make sure no one around you keeps guinea pigs or other rodents outdoors before getting one of these.. They could be affected by them with the noise they make.

Top Bottom