Scary encounter with dirt bikers

• Thread starter Deleted member 121159
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 121159

Posting this as I don't know where else I can vent about this.

I was struggling up this hill between Talywain and Aberbeeg, it's a pretty decent climb but few people seem to know about it. As I draw close to the summit, I see this bloke on a dirt bike hurtling down the narrow lane right towards me while doing a wheelie. Now this was the second unpleasant encounter of the day with a dirt biker, having already dodged one that appeared from nowhere and flew across the road on a steep descent earlier. Seeing me frown with disgust, fear, and contempt, a sadistic smile dawns on his idiot face. It's clear that he has now made me his target. He begins to zip up and down the lane on one wheel while emitting chilling screeching sounds. I pedal away at full speed sensing a mortal threat. His gang was awaiting at the top enjoying the spectacle of this cat-and-mouse game. When I thought I had finally lost them, I couldn't have been more wrong. They were in fact to reappear a dozen times, each time with my nemesis at the helm, despatching his men in all directions to secure full control of the field.

A rather scary encounter I must say. On the upside, cars were quite nice to me today.

vickster

Legendary Member
I would report to the police. They’ve probably done before and will probably do again

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Doesn't sound a great day however you are home safe which counts for alot.
As much as that must have been an awful experience at least they meant you no physical harm. Agreed report to the police and make them aware as they will probably be up there again causing nuisance.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Report it, most of this lot will be riding unregistered/uninsured bikes. We have a lot of 'kids' on them locally, including the electric ones. We've come across dirt bikers when MTB'ing, but there has usually been more of 'us' and a big Trail MTB is big enough to not be too intimidated.

What you'll find is usually two types of MX'er - those that know where they are 'usually allowed' and are on registered bikes, then the bunch of idiots from the local council estates.

Last edited:
A few bad apples spoil it for everyone, sadly.

Sorry you had that experience. Sounds rough, but please don't let it put you off going out again.

This is exactly what the police should do.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 121159

Thanks for the support! How would I report it to the police? I know what time this happened and which direction they were heading, however I don't have any footage.

vickster

Legendary Member
Reactions: C R
Thanks for the support! How would I report it to the police? I know what time this happened and which direction they were heading, however I don't have any footage.

I'd suggest you call the local Police station to find out how to make a report and what information is needed.
Then make a report with whatever information you have to wherever they tell you to.
Then, I'd contact anyone you know or any group likely to have been in the area at the time, explain what you have done, what information is required and encourage them to do the same.
Now, the next time something like this happens more people are prepared and the local Police Station knows about previous incidents too.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 121159

Thanks @vickster & @HobbesOnTour. Didn't catch the number plates unfortunately. Was too busy running away...Or maybe they didn't even have one on! Who knows. I will ring up the police and see what they can do. At least I can make them aware.

Top Bottom