Scary !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I remember us posting about that on CC at the time... Yes - idiots!

OP
OP
shnjmsn

shnjmsn

Ãœber Member
Wasn't it in a triathlon? I seem to remember the riders on the inside were traced and given some form of suspension. Was a race of some sort - you can see numbers on their backs.

The red mist of competition strikes again.
Not even sure the riders on the outside are doing us any favours either ! I slow to an almost stop, always make sure they know I'm there, turn off flashing lights etc..............

Not even sure the riders on the outside are doing us any favours either ! I slow to an almost stop, always make sure they know I'm there, turn off flashing lights etc..............
I've never passed a horse when racing, but always slow and make sure the rider knows I'm there. Then a nice wide pass. It's pretty damned hard for any rider to control a panicky horse, especially on tarmac when hooves don't have good grip.

Even in a race a slight slowing and decent pass won't cost much, if any, time because you will naturally push on a bit to make up imagined losses.

Total no beds, all of them. But that's triathletes for you🙄

This happened in 2018 and was dealt with by the race organisers and the courts.
The massive media attention at the time probably indicates how rare these events are.
As for horse car incidents, these are local news only:
NATIONAL STATISTICS: 2017 – 2018:
• 404 road incidents from 2017-2018
• 8 equine deaths / 74 horses injured
• 1 carriage driver killed
• 94 riders injured
• Riders victim to road rage or abuse: 30%
• 84% of incidents occurred because the vehicle was too close to the horse

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
This happened in 2018 and was dealt with by the race organisers and the courts.
The massive media attention at the time probably indicates how rare these events are.
As for horse car incidents, these are local news only:
NATIONAL STATISTICS: 2017 – 2018:
• 404 road incidents from 2017-2018
• 8 equine deaths / 74 horses injured
• 1 carriage driver killed
• 94 riders injured
• Riders victim to road rage or abuse: 30%
• 84% of incidents occurred because the vehicle was too close to the horse
How many wear camera's though? Media consumption is often people just watching videos with text too difficult for some to bother reading. If you've got a camera and have recorded such an incident, you've got a good chance of someone showing it. Many violent crimes and murders are only reported in local and regional rags. Only the most heinous are generally reported in the national press or ones they can screw a narrative on to.

Top Bottom