Scenic Forest of Bowland forum ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve H

Large Member
I'll add you to the 'maybes' until you can confirm it.

Spouse permission granted. Promote me from 'maybe' to 'defo'.

The coffee shop would do me, coffee and cake with a sandwich. I'm sure Steve will find us a chipshop if we get hungry later :biggrin:

Oooo - chips.
wub.gif

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
Put me down for a maybe.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Spouse permission granted. Promote me from 'maybe' to 'defo'.

Put me down for a maybe.
Both done.

cc-forum-ride-may-15th-2011-bowland-loop-profile.gif

If you look at the top of the profile of Beacon Fell, you can see a little spike on it. That is because I'd like us to nip up to the viewpoint at the summit. I've been up the Fell several times, but have never ridden up that last little bit. (That's because there is a narrow one-way road round the edge of the Fell and the summit is a detour off that. I think it should be worth it unless we have murky conditions. Apparently the views over the Forest of Bowland and Morecambe Bay are fantastic on a clear day, and you can even see the Isle of Man in the distance.

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
If you look at the top of the profile of Beacon Fell, you can see a little spike on it. That is because I'd like us to nip up to the viewpoint at the summit. I've been up the Fell several times, but have never ridden up that last little bit. (That's because there is a narrow one-way road round the edge of the Fell and the summit is a detour off that. I think it should be worth it unless we have murky conditions. Apparently the views over the Forest of Bowland and Morecambe Bay are fantastic on a clear day, and you can even see the Isle of Man in the distance.

Can you ride up the last part? I've walked up it but it's all a muddy path, though I've seen small kids with mountain bikes head off that way.

I'd probably only make it as far as scorton or maybe the trough if I can make it.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Can you ride up the last part? I've walked up it but it's all a muddy path, though I've seen small kids with mountain bikes head off that way.
Ah ... I've just checked. A packed mud path goes up to within a fairly short distance of the summit and cycles can use it.

It sounds okay in dry conditions but not very desirable in the wet so my vote would be to take a look if we have weather like we have at the moment and not to bother if we are unlucky.

Let's see what the consensus is when we get there.

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
Ah ... I've just checked. A packed mud path goes up to within a fairly short distance of the summit and cycles can use it.

It sounds okay in dry conditions but not very desirable in the wet so my vote would be to take a look if we have weather like we have at the moment and not to bother if we are unlucky.

Let's see what the consensus is when we get there.

I suppose anyone not fancying it can wait at the cafe and have one of their nice coffees anyway.

potsy

Rambler
Count me in Colin. I have now recovered from the SITD!

3 days to recover? I could have ridden it again the day after :whistle:

Garz

Squat Member
I dont believe it... men from Hebdon Bridge do not sulk as looking out of the window there's too many inclines to see far enough! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom