Scenic Forest of Bowland forum ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
Yeh it's from the crossroads to a line in the road by the tower, it's 1.75miles though so not the profile on your link.
Anyway, you're a young skinny racer, not a fat "veteran" like me, so you've gotta go up there sub 10 ;-)

Ok, so I'm glad you made me look at that, i realised the segment didn't finish at the tower, I think it was the cattlegrid.

I've re-done it and now my record stands at 16:21, though I'm glad to see I did it faster each time.

I did think I was faster last time than the time before, but now I know for sure. Glad you sorted that for me. Though it did bump it from cat 4 to cat 3.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm a 'doubtful' for this now, things have gotten a bit hectic at work and am currently on all sorts of silly hours.
10 hour nights this week and most probably working weekend too.
Aaargh!

I'm out of this ride now !:sad: Bloody kids party has carved my weekend up,not a happy bunny :angry: :angry: :angry:
Oh dear - sorry about that!

Well, I hope that those two are the last of the DNSs!

I might arrange something for the following weekend lads. I'm booked up for 3 weekends after that so if it isn't the 21st or 22nd of May, my next forum ride would be 18th or 19th of June.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Really gutted about this Colin,was looking forward to explore another part of the world and of course great company.Have a good ride,i'm away next weekend...piggin sister in laws wedding so i cannot get out of that either !

potsy

Rambler
Working all those hours will be taking a strain on you Potsy. You need some fresh air and exercise! You might need to pull a sicky to achieve this!!

Hey Steve, I've done 3 nights up to now, cycled in each time and they have really taken it out of me, the cycle home at 6am when all I want to do is sleep is tough.
The thought of 70 hilly miles fills me with dread right now, maybe the next ride will be pleasantly flat ;)

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not if it is one of Colin's.

+ 1 NOT A CHANCE !!! :biggrin:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not if it is one of Colin's.

+ 1 NOT A CHANCE !!! :biggrin:
I regretted not being able to do tubbycyclist's flattish Cheshire/Shropshire 200 recently due to illness and quite fancy arranging another one, maybe for that mid-June weekend!

Quite a few people said that they would be interested providing it was a weekend ride this time.

It would be good to do a longer, easier ride for a change rather than a shorter, harder one. I like the idea of aiming for a 10 hour 200 ride including stops. That would mean maintaining a nice steady pace, but no heroics would be required. (If we couldn't quite manage that time, no problem - it'd just be a target.)

I'll have to check if tc is up for it. (I'd need to get a lift from him to the start somewhere in Cheshire.)

I'm thinking maybe this 200?

potsy

Rambler
I regretted not being able to do tubbycyclist's flattish Cheshire/Shropshire 200 recently due to illness and quite fancy arranging another one, maybe for that mid-June weekend!

Quoting quickly before he changes his mind and puts a few more hills in :tongue:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Quoting quickly before he changes his mind and puts a few more hills in :tongue:
I'm not sure if I meant 10 hours or 11 hours! ;)

I have done very hilly 200s in 10 hours when fit, so a flattish one should be quite doable. But ... I'm nowhere near so fit now and we do like our leisurely stops. Perhaps 11 hour pace would be more relaxing? We could always speed up if we felt frisky on the day!

I checked with Kevin - he will have to consult his family and diary about dates, so let's leave it until after the Bowland ride before deciding on when to do it.

The forecast is still showing Sunday as a cool, windy day with sunny intervals. Let's hope that we don't get worse than that!

I'll do a roll call on Saturday evening so I have a clear idea of who to expect at Spring Wood.

Steve H

Large Member
I'm not sure if I meant 10 hours or 11 hours! ;)

I have done very hilly 200s in 10 hours when fit, so a flattish one should be quite doable. But ... I'm nowhere near so fit now and we do like our leisurely stops. Perhaps 11 hour pace would be more relaxing? We could always speed up if we felt frisky on the day!

I checked with Kevin - he will have to consult his family and diary about dates, so let's leave it until after the Bowland ride before deciding on when to do it.

The forecast is still showing Sunday as a cool, windy day with sunny intervals. Let's hope that we don't get worse than that!

I'll do a roll call on Saturday evening so I have a clear idea of who to expect at Spring Wood.

I could well be up for this one! Colin - if Kevin can't make it and I can, then I'll happily offer you a lift from Hebden to the start line.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Not the 19th........Cotswold Classic Audax :whistle:
Well, perhaps the 26th then, but that might clash with something else. Let's thrash it out after this ride is over. I'll start a new thread next week.

Well my geared bike i was building is finally finished,

feels very strange after riding nothing but fixed for 3 years :wacko:

I'm still up for Sunday,no more pedalling like a jack russel down the hills :laugh:
But we do expect you to pedal like one up the hills!

I could well be up for this one! Colin - if Kevin can't make it and I can, then I'll happily offer you a lift from Hebden to the start line.
Thanks for the offer Steve, but Kevin has confirmed that he will be okay for Sunday.

Top Bottom