Scenic Forest of Bowland forum ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Steve - I might have to take you up on your offer of a lift! Kevin is not sure that he will be able to make it but will not know until the morning.

I'm not currently fit enough to want to ride to Whalley as well as doing the Bowland ride itself and I can't get a train early enough to get me there in time. I could catch a train to Accrington, scheduled to arrive at 09:59 and I reckon it would take about 25 minutes to get to Whalley from there.

If Kevin can't make it, would you mind calling in at the usual car park in Hebden Bridge and picking me up? I thought I had your phone number but it seems I don't. If you check your PMs, you'll see I have sent you my number. Could you PM me yours? Thanks.

So - if Kevin or Steve give me a lift, I should get to the Spring Wood car park at about 09:45. If I have to come over by train, I'll be at least 25-30 minutes late.

Sorry you can't make it potsy. It'll be interesting to see you on gears Paul, and you on fixed Shaun (if you can make it to say hello).

It'll be interesting to see you on gears Paul, and you on fixed Shaun (if you can make it to say hello).

I'm still getting used to riding a geared bike again only been on a brief trip
as far as the local supermarket on it,it may be subject to some fettling as we
go along!!

Steve H

Large Member
Steve - I might have to take you up on your offer of a lift! Kevin is not sure that he will be able to make it but will not know until the morning.

I'm not currently fit enough to want to ride to Whalley as well as doing the Bowland ride itself and I can't get a train early enough to get me there in time. I could catch a train to Accrington, scheduled to arrive at 09:59 and I reckon it would take about 25 minutes to get to Whalley from there.

If Kevin can't make it, would you mind calling in at the usual car park in Hebden Bridge and picking me up? I thought I had your phone number but it seems I don't. If you check your PMs, you'll see I have sent you my number. Could you PM me yours? Thanks.

So - if Kevin or Steve give me a lift, I should get to the Spring Wood car park at about 09:45. If I have to come over by train, I'll be at least 25-30 minutes late.

Sorry you can't make it potsy. It'll be interesting to see you on gears Paul, and you on fixed Shaun (if you can make it to say hello).

PM'd you Colin - yes I can give you a lift

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

My phone really annoys me! People text me for the first time and I can see their number but I have to write it down and then manually enter it in the phonebook. How did the missing feature 'add to phonebook' not get noticed by anyone when they programmed the phone? It works on voice calls, but the menu entry is missing for texts.

Anyway - panic over folks - courtesy of Kevin or Steve, I should be there as planned at about 09:45.

I think this is the current list of riders but 1 or 2 of you have gone quiet so some of the maybes might turn up, and some of those on this list might not!

• ColinJ
  • dan_bo
  • bromptonfb (might come along to say hi)
  • tubbycyclist (only 50-50)
  • Steve H
  • Alun
  • Ajay + a mate
  • Pennine-Paul
  • colly
  • italiafirenze
Don't forget to bring locks for the cafe stop!

colly

Re member eR
Well I will be along but I'm not sure about Calum. I'll text him now to see if he is up for a lift.
Just got a reply and it seems he is rat arsed already and won't be along tomorrow.:biggrin:

Still deciding what is the best route from Leeds to Whalley.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Well I will be along but I'm not sure about Calum. I'll text him now to see if he is up for a lift.
Just got a reply and it seems he is rat arsed already and won't be along tomorrow.:biggrin:

Now there's a surprise - "Student gets pissed after finals shock!" ;)

Still deciding what is the best route from Leeds to Whalley.
Ilkley, Skipton, A59 or Hebden Bridge, A646, A671?

Ajay

Veteran
Oh dear, something's telling me I might regret that last White Russian in the morning :tongue:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Oh dear, something's telling me I might regret that last White Russian in the morning :tongue:
And I own up to knocking back a few beers watching the Giro coverage after midnight. :whistle:

I'm now trying to upload the route to my GPS and I have a comms failure! I don't want to leave it until the morning, but it's getting pretty late now. Technology - aargh!

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
hi guys,

got let off early and it's too cold to hang around for 5 hours. i'm off home. tbh, i'm knackered as well, fixie riding is fun but it don't half tek it owt yer legs. feels like i've been squatting weights.

have a good one.

shaun

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'd somehow lost the drivers for the USB-serial lead that I use to connect to the GPS and had to do a System Restore in the middle of the night to get it working. The route file eventually got transferred to the GPS at 03:00 so I've only had 4 hours sleep.

hi guys,

got let off early and it's too cold to hang around for 5 hours. i'm off home. tbh, i'm knackered as well, fixie riding is fun but it don't half tek it owt yer legs. feels like i've been squatting weights.

have a good one.

shaun
See you next time then Shaun.

have a great ride folks, hope the wind has died down compared to yesterday.
The leaves trees on the hill opposite my house are blowing all over the place so I think not!

Congratulations on your 12 hour MTB ride by the way - I'm glad to see that you are on the mend after your nasty tonsils operation. (Funny that a 12 hour MTB event is you back to only half fitness! ;))

Oops - incoming message from tubbycyclist - he's out! Sorry to hear that Kevin - I hope it's nothing serious. Hopefully, we will see you on the next ride.

Ha ha - I just sent Steve H a text message to ask for a lift and he was still in bed! I've been up for an hour and a quarter already.

Top Bottom