Schraeder valve to car tyre compressor connector?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a large capacity Michelin compressor that I put to many uses in my garage when working on my cars etc.
I would like to buy a connector for the end of the air line so that I can link this compressor up to help me inflate the schraeder valves fitted to the tyres on my bikes, but where can I obtain one from?

Many thanks

classic33

Leg End Member
Machine Mart, Screwfix.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'd be a bit careful. The volume of air in a car tyre is far, far greater than that in a bike tyre. Even though car tyres are at a far lower pressure, the compressor could quickly over-inflate and pop the bike one because the pressure control system on the compressor is probably pretty sluggish and takes time to respond.

I think...

Last edited:

Tim Hall

YES, now that I have looked at some images I can see that the tubes on my bikes are fitted with PRESTA valves, idiot that I am !!

So where am I likely to be able to buy an adapter to fit into the end of the car tyre nozzle fitted to my compressor?

Sorry for the confusion.
Any of the big bike shops. Evans, for example, do one for a couple of quid. @raleighnut linked to loads further up the thread.

davidphilips

Veteran
until you buy one you could always just use an old/spare valve dust cover that you cut the top off thats what many cyclists done if they where caught without a pump and had to use a garage air pump.

gazza1286

This will work:-

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/322498064548

But as it's a permanent fitting to a hose, you may need to source another fitting for the 'other' end to attach to your compressor setup. Personally I would use the previously mentioned brass adapters with the schrader car type fitting as this avoids any risk in damage to the valve pin.

Top Bottom