Schwalbe marathon plus punctured

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know you may need to read the title twice, but yes , my front tyre succumbed today whilst on the Tissington trail. Had a great ride out with my lad,weather just about perfect and about a mile from Ashbourne with 29 miles done i saw the front was down with something sticking in it Turned out to be a clout nail the type of thing used for holding felt to a shed roof. Goodness knows how that came to be on there. Luckily despite putting my faith in these tyres for approx 2000 miles trouble free cycling i still carry a spare tube, at least i remembered what to do!

Mrs M

Guru
Don’t think any tyre would have survived that :ohmy:
Well done for being in Boy Scout mode :okay:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
It does happen even to Marathons. My last one, (touches wood), was many many months ago and several thousand miles, was a hard thorn which required a metal needle to push the remains through before I could grip it with a pair of pliers. So for the effort to remove it, I did have to give it a grudging respect.

How did you get the tyre back onto the rim?

DSK

Good on you for carrying the spares and having the skills to repair and ride on! Sounds likes a great day despite the mishap.

OP
OP
marshmella

marshmella

Guru
Good on you for carrying the spares and having the skills to repair and ride on! Sounds likes a great day despite the mishap.
It was a great day. Yes, i still carry the spares despite the marathons being (almost) bomb proof. It's been a long time since i repaired one on my bike, though my lad has stock tyres on his so i have changed his tube fairly recently.

Top Bottom