Schwalbe one tyres.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Scott addict

Scott addict

I was surprised that I needed the tyre lever, usually the wider the tyre, the easier it goes on, mine are 700x30 too
Love the bike really nice to ride.

Attachments

• 20200803_164854.jpg
    20200803_164854.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 10
If you have the 'tubeless ready' Schwalbe Ones then they need to be tight to seal properly.
Not if he's got an inner-tube in there :P

MoneyForNothing

I've just fitted schwalbe one tyres (tube type) and were very tight to fit. Needed 2 levers to mount. 80 miles on and they appear to be decent tyres. But I'm not an expert reviewer.

iluvmybike

Über Member
If they are tubeless then they'd have sealant inside but no inner tube! I have Syncros wheels and they are not tubeless

12boy

Guru
I used to find Schwalbe Marathons on my Brompton a royal PITA until I read a suggestion to put the part with the stem on last. As Dogtrousers said, make sure the beads stay in the center of the rim, giving you that little extra bit of room to get the tire over the rim. This is easier when the stem is last as it will make keeping the bead in the center of the rim a lot harder. I can pretty much put my marathons on the rim thumbs only with this trick.

Some resort to using zip ties to hold as you move along.
or toe straps

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
What some people do if they know a tyre is going to be an absolute pig to get on and off is going down to their LBS and paying the mechanic a couple of quid to do it.

OP
OP
Scott addict

Scott addict

What some people do if they know a tyre is going to be an absolute pig to get on and off is going down to their LBS and paying the mechanic a couple of quid to do it.
Yes I'd much prefer to do that anyday but its if your along way from home and get a puncture how do you get them back on.

mythste

Veteran
It's been said before but sometimes you need to hear someone say it just right to get the point across.

You really need to make sure that the bead you have already pushed onto the rim is sitting in the centre of the rim, in its deepest channel. Not on the external seat where it will sit once it is inflated. you will have more wriggle room to get that last bit on with some palm of hand focused pressure this way.

There are some combos which are a pig no matter what, but once you've got the above knack, you'll be grand 90% of the time.

boydj

Legendary Member

I've had to do that recently with some new tubeless tyres on new tubeless rims - and that was after first mounting the tyres myself, and running them for a couple of weeks on non-tubeless rims. Some combinations are just very, very tight.

Some resort to using zip ties to hold as you move along.
I will add them to my cycle kit tomorrow..hopefully. I am sure a couple will make minimal difference to the weight of the already excessive kit I carry already. As if I haven't said that before.

Top Bottom